Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

It's here.. Outlander Dakar 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Default It's here.. Outlander Dakar 2008

The Outlander Dakar edition is a diesel powered vehicle. It's a modified production vehicle fitted with aero parts, carrier box, roll cage, and other modifications to allow it to withstand the grueling challenge of the desert. The powertrain itself was not modified, so durability of the engine will somehow reflect actual reliability of the Outlanders sold to the public [UK and EU].

Here's a teaser pic:

Name:  dakar08_sd4th.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  19.2 KB

Photos at: http://outlander.freeforums.org
The full Shakedown Report with high resolution images: http://paxtech.blogspot.com/2007/12/...ets-ready.html

Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Default RE: It's here.. Outlander Dakar 2008

Really Nice I'm looking forward to see how it will perform in the Dakar 08

Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 PM

Hey.... that looks just like my ride, except for the add-ons and silver trim pieces!
They even used the stock 16" wheels (with off-road tires of course). I wonder if that's the same red paint they had for the 2007 models.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:01 PM

I got the same cross bars on my outie...yayy!!
well, it bettter be the same, cuz is from mitsu, or else i'm gonna get ****!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:18 PM

I want those tires and suspension components now!!! If you guys take a close look at the high-res pictures you can see the front left wheel well shows a tiny bit of the red coilovers, I want those, the funtional skid plate is bad *** too!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I want those tires and suspension components now!!! If you guys take a close look at the high-res pictures you can see the front left wheel well shows a tiny bit of the red coilovers, I want those, the funtional skid plate is bad *** too!
I did not notice at first and after readin your post I went and look it's true you can see the red spring in the front I can't wait find full spec of that dakar version

Old 12-20-2007, 09:14 AM

These are the shocks that are used in this ride:

http://www.chielbos.com

Old 12-20-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Przemek624

These are the shocks that are used in this ride:

http://www.chielbos.com
how did you find out that it was those spring and shox ?

Old 12-20-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: roach

I did not notice at first and after readin your post I went and look it's true you can see the red spring in the front I can't wait find full spec of that dakar version
Are you sure it isn't the body colour showing up through the wheel arch due to the angle of the light?

Rob

Old 12-20-2007, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob_D

ORIGINAL: roach

Are you sure it isn't the body colour showing up through the wheel arch due to the angle of the light?

Rob
That is for sure a red spring.

Quick Reply: It's here.. Outlander Dakar 2008