Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Jacking points / Jack Stands (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/jacking-points-jack-stands-27347/)

n0c7 05-05-2008 01:53 PM

Jacking points / Jack Stands

Has anyone found good places for jackstands on the 07/08 Outlanders? Same question for jacking points(especially with large based floor jack). Have to rotate my tires and haven't taken a look under mine yet.

Cuffy 05-06-2008 12:45 PM

RE: Jacking points / Jack Stands

I was going to jack mine up when i installed my hitch, but couldn't find any good spots to put a hydraulic jack. There's very few flat spots and the frame rails appear thin. The manual shows specific points for the OEM jack, but they didn't look so solid either...sits on a lip of sheet metal.

I'd like to hear what others didtoo.

roach 05-06-2008 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuffy

I was going to jack mine up when i installed my hitch, but couldn't find any good spots to put a hydraulic jack. There's very few flat spots and the frame rails appear thin. The manual shows specific points for the OEM jack, but they didn't look so solid either.

I'd like to here what others didtoo.
I use the OEM specified point from the manual to put my hydraulic jack to change my winter tire to my summer and everything was fine.

n0c7 05-06-2008 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: roach

I was going to jack mine up when i installed my hitch, but couldn't find any good spots to put a hydraulic jack. There's very few flat spots and the frame rails appear thin. The manual shows specific points for the OEM jack, but they didn't look so solid either.

I use the OEM specified point from the manual to put my hydraulic jack to change my winter tire to my summer and everything was fine.

Where did you place your jackstand on the other end while the jack was holding one end up?

HandyPal 05-11-2008 02:28 PM

I go to a rental garage with lifts to swap/rotate tires. Take my tools and get it done quick no mess.

roach 05-11-2008 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: n0c7

ORIGINAL: roach

Where did you place your jackstand on the other end while the jack was holding one end up?

I did not use jackstand as I was changing one wheel at the time only use my hydraulic jack

OutlanderGT 07-18-2012 12:49 AM

I can't believe I looked through the manual and full of fun and some uesless info but I cannot find any information about where to place a floor jack and jackstands.
Obviously it the jackstands would go on the scissor jack point (if needed) but where to lift the vehicle with a floor jack?

Claude_A 07-18-2012 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
See pic from the 2007 manual in one of the sticky

ccernst 07-18-2012 10:28 AM

I've used the hard point on the front that claud posted...never tried the rear.

I bought the lifetime tire rotation deal from firestone. so now I make them do it every 7.5k miles at no charge!! :D

OutlanderGT 07-18-2012 11:22 AM

So I would jack up the front, put 2 jackstands, then jack from the back put 2 jackstands.. Then I can proceed to rotate the tires or bleed the brakes?

I know people jack from the side but not sure if I want to do this, once you damage the rail on the side you have a hard time using the spare jack.