Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just Bought An '05 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Default Just Bought An '05 Outlander

Please help! I just bought an '05 AWD Outlander. I love it, but can't find anything for it. The previous owner lowered with some no name springs so it bouncing around like crazy. I like the lowered look, but need some aftermarket shocks badly! One of the guys at the Mitsubishi dealershipsaid that I can can use some shocks made for the evo, but not sure if I should trusthim or not. Also if you guys can point me in the right direction as far as strut bar and exhaust too, that would be great. The only thing I found online so faris just an air intake made by Weapon R. How good are those btw? But my number one priority right now is to found some shocks to stop the bouncing. Help!

Old 03-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Default RE: Just Bought An '05 Outlander

Try to google Mitsubishi Outlander parts... 232.000 pages - search result.

Try fx: http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw...my=1&cat=h

I don't know if they are any good...

Old 03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
JMC

coilovers?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM

hey jay,
good luck with your car. i have an '06, and it's hard to find aftermarket parts. i'd recommend the weapon-r intake, but only if you have the old-style, large honeycomb maf sensor. if you have the probe-type like mine, you'll have to do some cutting of the airbox to mate it to the weapon-r tubing using reducers, something i did, but don't necessarily recommend. road race motorsports has a lancer ralliart 2.4L air intake for sale which looks quite nice and should fit the 4-cyl outlander. one of our number was going to buy one and let us know, but he hasn't posted as yet. as for mufflers, we'd have to custom install piping to a flowmaster or one of those other performance types as nothing outlander-specific is available in the usa for us.
all i've done thus far to my car is the weapon-r intake, an underdrive pulley, a small strut tower bar, (made by road race motorsports, as was the pulley) and 17" wheels with new tires as my 16" o-e tires were not very good in wet weather. anyway, let us know what you're doing, and again, good luck!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:52 AM

Hey I went to the road race website. I didn't see that they made anything specificly for the outlander. I saw a few strut bars for the lancer. Is that what you were talking about? Will they fit the outlander? I didn't know which one to order. Please assists. Thanks.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:55 AM

Okay so I see that there is a road race motorsports and then there is a road race engineering. If you guys can tell whichs parts will fit, that would be awesome. The only thing I ordered so far are shocks since my car is already lowered.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM

rrm and rre are related companies. the outlander strut bar is not a true strut tower bar in that it only connects the two forward-most tower bolts and hasn't a firewall anchor. the lancer and/or evo tower bars won't fit outlander as our master cylinder reservoir is in the way. rrm's outlander bar is really only a noticeable help
on rough surfaces and it only makes a slight difference in smooth road cornering. even so, i like having it with all these pot holes here in north jersey. to order it, you'll have to ask them directly either by e-mail or phone, as they only catalog their lancer parts. by the way, what shocks did you order? lowering the outlander an inch or so is beginning to interest me....

Old 03-18-2007, 10:51 PM

I search the web and visitedacouple auto part stores around and only found acouple of set of shocks. I ended up getting KYB GR-2. I read some reviews and they seem to fit my need. Stiff enough to handle a lowered car and soft enough for everyday driving. Thanks for the tip on ordering the strut bar. How much do they cost? I'm in the process of ordering some new springs as well. The current no name springs squeaks when I up my driveway or at an akward position. Also looking for a performance exhaust, but quiet at the same time. Let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks. I included pics of my car so you can see the outlander lowered.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11765/845581F02968484C8DCBB3E746B1077D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11765/2241311711294E5CACC2D29590E1CC68.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Update:

I took your advise and called RRM to see what they have to offered. I ended up gettingpulley and the only and last strut bar they have for the outlander. Did you notice any difference with the pulley?

They do have a weapon-R intakes that was available for the outlander, but I passed on it. What are your feelings on it since you have it? I forgot to ask them about the aem intake for theralliart. I didn't want anything too loud.

As for now, I'm saving up money for some new Eibach springs to replace my no name ones and alsoa MagnaFlow exhaust. I'll have to do custom piping but it'll have to do. As the same with the intake, I didn't want it too loud either. Just a good deep low tone.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:31 AM

very nice outlander, i have a 06 SE very similar. RRM's intake for the ralliart are the shortram one that is fits our outlander perfectly with no modifications.

Oh and let me know how the pulley is then, i was thinking about getting one.

Quick Reply: Just Bought An '05 Outlander