Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just bought 2008 XLS - questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Default Just bought 2008 XLS - questions

Hi all,

Fiancee just bought an 08 XLS totally loaded. Had a few question that I was hoping that some of you guys could help me with.

Firstly, how do the foglights work? Its got the HID lights, and I can't seem to figure out how the whole thing.

The vehicle has the MMCS. I'm guessing I can't add BT Audio, which is fine. Has anyone used the ebay backup cameras like these, do they fit right? I think I read that the ipod interface is a Kenwood part, is that right?

The 3rd row is useless to us, does anyone have a drawing for a plate to replace it, or can I just use the plate from a base model without the 3rd row?

It looks like the tires could use replacing relatively soon (which is great because it has Goodyears on it atm and I hate GYs). Anyone have an recommendations? I'd prefer something in all season with good rain performance and nice ride quality. I have Michelin MXM4s on my vehicle, and would like to get something like those. It actually looks like they make those in a 225/45/18, is it possible to change the tire diameter in the car's computer to adjust for different sized tires?

Has anyone tried using a rearview mirror with homelink and autodmming form another car? Figure it's not a bad idea to save a little coin and pick up a used mirror out of a wrecked car if possible, as they tend to be universal.

Anything we should watch for? It's got very low miles right now, which we're really happy about. She loves it, and that's the important thing.

Last edited by FAUEE; 08-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Hi all,

Fiancee just bought an 08 XLS totally loaded. Had a few question that I was hoping that some of you guys could help me with.

Firstly, how do the foglights work? Its got the HID lights, and I can't seem to figure out how the whole thing.

The vehicle has the MMCS. I'm guessing I can't add BT Audio, which is fine. Has anyone used the ebay backup cameras like these, do they fit right? I think I read that the ipod interface is a Kenwood part, is that right?

The 3rd row is useless to us, does anyone have a drawing for a plate to replace it, or can I just use the plate from a base model without the 3rd row?

It looks like the tires could use replacing relatively soon (which is great because it has Goodyears on it atm and I hate GYs). Anyone have an recommendations? I'd prefer something in all season with good rain performance and nice ride quality. I have Michelin MXM4s on my vehicle, and would like to get something like those. It actually looks like they make those in a 225/45/18, is it possible to change the tire diameter in the car's computer to adjust for different sized tires?

Has anyone tried using a rearview mirror with homelink and autodmming form another car? Figure it's not a bad idea to save a little coin and pick up a used mirror out of a wrecked car if possible, as they tend to be universal.

Anything we should watch for? It's got very low miles right now, which we're really happy about. She loves it, and that's the important thing.
If you have HID head lights you dont have fog lights. Where your fog lights are located are used as DRL.

If you have the Nav screen then you can hook up a rear view camera to it. Otherwise you will have to purchase a complete rear view camera and viewing screen setup.

You can add a IPOD hookup.

There are answers for all of your questions in the forum. A little searching, reading will get ya there. If you cant find your answers, members will help.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 PM

Hah, OK, I didn't realize the "fog lights" were actually DRLs. Is the beam pattern on them decent enough to use for fog lights? I'm more than capable of rewiring them to something else for power. We get some pretty torrential downpours down here in FL, and I wanted to get her set up with some yellow fog lights for use in the rain.