Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just bought myself an Outlander!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:56 PM
J&T

Originally Posted by ccernst
Try "0000" or "1234" for the pin.

I do have the AWD and it performs amazingly well in snow. I really only use 2WD while on the highway, so I can't comment on snow handling in 2WD.

Where are you now and where are you going?
I'll give the pin a try soon and let you know if that works.

I'm in Texas now, heading up to Arkansas on Saturday, and off to Nebraska next week sometime. So I'll be in Nebraska for about a year, then I have no idea where I'll end up.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM

I'm about 3hrs away from Omaha in Kansas City. Last few years has been hit or miss for snow. You'll probably have more problems with ice than snow. Last year we had about 1 week where we got dumped on...else nothing. Year before was little to nothing. Two years ago, we got dumped on quite a bit. Since there are no major bodies of water east/north of us...we don't get a ton of snow usually. My wife is from Louisiana / Texas, she'd scare the hell out of me in winter time...she's better now.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:48 PM
J&T

I'm about 3hrs away from Omaha in Kansas City. Last few years has been hit or miss for snow. You'll probably have more problems with ice than snow. Last year we had about 1 week where we got dumped on...else nothing. Year before was little to nothing. Two years ago, we got dumped on quite a bit. Since there are no major bodies of water east/north of us...we don't get a ton of snow usually. My wife is from Louisiana / Texas, she'd scare the hell out of me in winter time...she's better now.
They put stuff on the roads though to melt the ice don't they? I'm pretty worried about driving in it haha. Not only am I trying to get used to driving on the other side of the road, I'll have to deal with snow/ice.

When I drove my car home from the dealer the other day it was all so backwards. I haven't driven here before, so I was trying to look in the rear view mirror, and habbit makes me look up & left, so I was looking out the window... Indicators are also on the wrong side, it's going to take a lot of retraining my brain with habit. I also kept trying to clutch & change gears, so by habit I was throwing my left hand sideways to find the gear stick, only to hit the door. I've never had an automatic car haha. All so much to get used to! + having a bigger car now compared to the Lancer!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by J&T
They put stuff on the roads though to melt the ice don't they? I'm pretty worried about driving in it haha. Not only am I trying to get used to driving on the other side of the road, I'll have to deal with snow/ice.

When I drove my car home from the dealer the other day it was all so backwards. I haven't driven here before, so I was trying to look in the rear view mirror, and habbit makes me look up & left, so I was looking out the window... Indicators are also on the wrong side, it's going to take a lot of retraining my brain with habit. I also kept trying to clutch & change gears, so by habit I was throwing my left hand sideways to find the gear stick, only to hit the door. I've never had an automatic car haha. All so much to get used to! + having a bigger car now compared to the Lancer!
The salt they use on the roads works well down to a certain temperature...somewhere around 15F, then it doesn't really work well. At that point, they may put sand down, which will give some extra traction.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:05 AM
J&T

The salt they use on the roads works well down to a certain temperature...somewhere around 15F, then it doesn't really work well. At that point, they may put sand down, which will give some extra traction.
Oh wow, does Nebraska get that bad? My step-dad has been very insistent that Nebraska doesn't get much snow and "on the rare snow days, just don't go driving/to school/to work". I've seen photos, it looks like a lot of snow to me.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:27 AM

In KC, we'll occasionally dip into negative Fahrenheit numbers...Nebraska is a bit more north...so I'm sure they go negative a lot more often...they may use different chemicals than KC as well.

Not sure where you are going in Nebraska, but Lincoln is near Omaha and they had this interesting information: Monthly Normals| Climate Data | Lincoln Weather and Climate | SNR | UNL Nothing too extreme.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 PM
J&T

So I've had my Outlander for a few months now, really enjoying it!

It was due for a service around 105k miles, and every time I turned it on it would notify me of that, eventually I got it serviced (couple of weeks ago.. Week before Thanksgiving I think). I had to get them to make it stop notifying me and to change it for the next service due time, so they did..

Anyways, tonight the actual "Service engine soon" light came on, and stays on... What's that about? I'm doing a 10 hour drive back to Arkansas tomorrow for Christmas so this isn't a fun thing to see the night before a big trip...