Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just to let my brothers here know whats up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Default Just to let my brothers here know whats up.

This should most likely be posted in the off-topic area, however, I view you guys as my brothers.. .so I though i would post this up just to let you guys know whats going on in my life right now. A little to vent about my frustration, and a little to see if anyone has any clue as to what could be going on, or if any of you have had, or know of anyone that has had the same thing happen.

As most of you know, my wife is pregnant with our fourth child, (our only boy), and while she has had a trouble free pregnancy for the most part, here lately, it seems like everyday brings more problems.
She has been having alot of pain in here upper abdomen, going from the center of here chest, to the left side...
Thursday it got really bad, and I was about to take her to the emergancy room, She told me to call her doctor, which I did. He told us to come in the next day (friday) for some test. We go in, and they do an ultra-sound of he internal organs (liver, gallbladder, kidneys, and spleen). Everything apperared fine, except her spleen. They said it was abnormally enlarged, but had no idea as to why, or what might be causing it to be this way. (a little info here. the spleen acts like an oil filter for your blood. It pulls all the crap out of your blood, and sends it on its way. It also kills off old blood cells that have lost there usefullness, as well as creating a small portion of your new white, and red blood cells)
Since they had no-idea, they ran some blood test, and said they would have the results back on monday. Monday came round (after a really tough weekennd of not knowing, and both of us being really, really worried. They finally called us back late in the afternoon, and told us that everything in her blood work appeared normal. Basically finishing the conversation by saying, they still had no-idea.
Well, she was really uncomfortable, and worried, so we called up our family doctor, and made an appointment for the next morning (this morning)
Our family doctor said it could be alot of things, and only a handfull of them would show up in a blood test. The mildest, possibility. Her spleen is just normally that large, but due to being pregnant, and the baby getting bigger (she is in her 8th month) she is just out of space, and the baby is pressing up into her stomach, which is then pressing on her spleen, and causing her pain.
The most severe... well she could have leukemia, rumatoid arthritis, or some of the more sever problems.

Our family doctor has gotten the results from her "female" doctor, and is supposed to be calling us back when she has a chance to review them. Basically tho, we have no idea, and she is really worried about both her health, and the health of the baby.

so to tie this in, and justify me posting this on the outlander forum. It is getting quite expensive driving back and forth to diffrent doctors everday... does anyone have any gas-saving tips... LOL

oh, and to top it all off, I got a speeding ticket today, trying to get to the doctor on time... 68 in a 55... damn cops...

Old 05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned
Default RE: Just to let my brothers here know whats up.

Man that sucks. I really hope everything turns out smooth for you. Im sure shel be fine dude.

Once again, i hate pigs.

Peace out man, good luck.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Best of luck to you, your wife, and your children. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:03 PM

**** man... thats rough... things will look up... Good luck with everything!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Hey Sound - I feel for you. My wife just delivered our third (first girl) and sometimes I think medical professionals are a bit insensitive. Its enough of an ordeal to go through when everything is "normal" but as soon as something is off base it can be very disconcerting - with our third, my wife had something show up in her triple screen that was not normal. My wife's doctor told us to get down to Vanocuver right away to have some more tests and see a genetecist - nobody told us what the hell was going on or why we had to have this other testing done - the testing happened on a Friday and we had to wait until Monday for results. Long story short, everything was fine and the baby was born healthy, but it was a really crappy weekend to say the least.

Now that all said, I tend to think your doctor is right about the baby growing and putting pressure on the spleen, etc. My wife suffers from Chrohn's and had surgery three years ago. This preganancy she was in a lot of pain her last couple of months due to the baby growing and putting pressure on her insides. Once the baby was born and everything went back into shape, pain went away.

All the best to you and your wife- will be thinking of you. I am sure your daughters are really looking forward to having a baby brother!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Best of luck to you and your family I hope everything turns out OK.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 PM

Sorry, no gas saving tips from me other than lay off the throttle...

As far as your wife's condition is concerned, I wish her the best. I'm an ICU nurse and deal with many of teh serious complications of diseases and quite frankly, I agree with the post earlier that in general medical people are insensitive...or at least to the lay person they appear so. I think that 75% of the time they really do care, but when you see things go wrong so often (people getting sick and whatnot) they aren't as alarmed as the patient's themselves (or the family). I think that the medial field as a whole needs to work on looking at the situation from the patient's point of view rather than just treating the condition.

None-the-less, I agree with what your doctor told your wife. There are indeed many different things that could be going on...ranking from not serious at all to troublesome. Regardless, there is no need to fret about the situation until they understand what the problem is, so hang in there while they run the tests.

Good luck!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 PM

guys... i really appreciate all the prayers, and your support.
my wife is actually sleeping well for the first time in a week...
Im glad she is, and I know everything will turn out o.k.
but boy do things get tough sometimes,
again, thanks for your prayers, and support, it means the world to me!!!
ya'll are the best!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Well damn that sucks. Hope every turns out well with your wife and the baby. Maybe they can induce enduce that words that means make her have the kid early. Maybe they can do that alittle early so your wife isnt in pain for another month. If they are able to right now, they are the doctors and im sure they know way more than I do.

Oh your ticket was becuase of cop day or some BS. My mom works in the school system in NJ and heard about it. I have seen ALOT of cops today with cars pulled over. Just bend over for them now before you send in your check.

Save gas....... buy a honda? haha

Well you own an outlander that should make your life alittle brighter.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
JMC

Best of luck with everything Sound! Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Quick Reply: Just to let my brothers here know whats up.