Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just ordered a Outlander LS in blue!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Default Just ordered a Outlander LS in blue!

Today I went to a Mitsubishi dealer where I had tested the ES model (2.4 Mivec engine with SVT). I was going to pull the trigger on it, but after some chat and a test drive, I decided to go for the LS, with V6 automatic transmision (sportronic). I'm stocked so far, they have the car in stock in blue (I wanted either dark gray, black or the blue), and tomorrow I'm going to finnish the paperwork and probably I'll be able to pick up the car on saturday (yeah!).

Old 02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Default RE: Just ordered a Outlander LS in blue!

Good deal. How does the 2.4 feel? Any power and does the cvt tranny feel ok? I guess you liked the v6 model alot better lol. Congrats!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Good deal. How does the 2.4 feel? Any power and does the cvt tranny feel ok? I guess you liked the v6 model alot better lol. Congrats!
I first tried the 2.4 with the CVT. I really liked the Outlander like that, it had good power, and the driving was pretty spot on (especially considering that my previous SUV was a 2001 Explorer Sport, which drove like a pig, but even then I liked that car). The CVT feels nice being smooth, since no noticeable shifting occurs. It is really more than enough for normal driving in the city and eventual highway.

But yes, the V6 feels very powerfull, and the sportronic feels that it does their shift nicely (at least on my test drive). I feel a bit better on the reliability of a standard gearing automatic than a new to my market CVT technology. What I'm worried with CVT in Mexico is that if something happens, CVT transmisions are new and I'm thinking that not many mechanics know all the details about them. Probably just a case of over worried, but I liked the extra punch of the V6 and decided to go for it.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:12 AM

I also bought the car, today I am picking my new car, here we only have de 2.4, but, considering the traffic jams, and that I dont drive in highways a lot of time, and because of the price of gas in here. ($3.54 @ this time) maybe the V6 wouldnt be necesary

Old 02-29-2008, 04:10 PM

I did alot of searching on v6 to v8 models in trucks and found the gas mileage to be almost exactly the same. Its due to the v6 having to use more power to get the truck to move compared to a big v8 sucking down gas not using any power. Ill have to wait and see how it plays out on the outlander.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:40 PM

I did alot of searching on v6 to v8 models in trucks and found the gas mileage to be almost exactly the same. Its due to the v6 having to use more power to get the truck to move compared to a big v8 sucking down gas not using any power. Ill have to wait and see how it plays out on the outlander.
I've heard thattheory on different SUV where there is a different motor. I think that if you do a lot of highway, the larger motor will probably suck less or equal gas as the smaller, but if you do a lot of city with rush hour, then I believe the smaller motor will provide more economic. Well, I'm not an expert nor anything, but I think this is so. I've seen somewhere (probably the Mitsu site) where they say that the 2.4 does 20/26 city/hwy, and the 3.0 18/26, maybe not the exact numbers, but on the highway both seemed to do the same mileage.

I'm pretty exited!

Old 03-01-2008, 03:26 PM

The efficiency of an engine is mostly relative to the RPMs and a number of other things. At highway speed, if the smaller engine is reving higher than the larger engine, there is a chance the even if it's smaller, the pumping loss of will be the same or even larger than the Larger engine. Many car manufacturers will attach a higher ratio transimission to the smaller engine to give it more performance, but it hurts the fuel economy.
I used to have a Mazada Protegé, and my sister in-law had a Corolla, the engine spec were about the same but my car used up about 20% more fuel, at Highway speed, I was reving at about 3500 and she was at 2700. But as far as perfomance my car was much better.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:38 PM

JUST ARRIVED FROM GETTING MY OUTLANDER.... YEAH!

Okay, today I went to the Mitsubishi dealer, and picked up the car. I'm pretty stocked, it is pretty nice as far as I have driven it.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: rzozaya1969

JUST ARRIVED FROM GETTING MY OUTLANDER.... YEAH!

Okay, today I went to the Mitsubishi dealer, and picked up the car. I'm pretty stocked, it is pretty nice as far as I have driven it.

Congrads on the purchase! You will sure to have FUN!
Any Pics?

Have FUN & enjoy you new OUTIE! =D

SR

Old 03-02-2008, 07:24 AM

If you are comparing the same truck with different engines, you are probably right about there being only minor fuel savings between a V6 and V8. It has more to do with aerodynamics and weight than much else in the same vehicle.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a Outlander LS in blue!