Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Just Zaino'd my Outie!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Default Just Zaino'd my Outie!!

Check out the shine on my new XLS

Name:  Picture003.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  127.7 KB

Name:  Picture004.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  Picture005.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  130.6 KB

Name:  Picture006.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  121.7 KB

Name:  Picture007.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  120.6 KB

Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Default RE: Just Zaino'd my Outie!!

Nice Outlander!
Looks amazing, well, the Outlander always look amazing!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 PM

I hope that the person who's reflection we can see in the 4th picture helped you, and didn't just site there and watch!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Looks great. In picture number 2 you can see a very clear reflection of the house in the passenger side of your outtie.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: chenarm

I hope that the person who's reflection we can see in the 4th picture helped you, and didn't just site there and watch!
LOL! That's my wife. She actually washed both cars then I clay'd and polished the Outlander...took about 3 hours.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:26 PM

I'm curious on why you clayed it first. Maybe I mis-understand the purpose of claying, but I thought it was for older cars whose paint job had become dull and oxidated.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM

Very nice job!!

The purpose of claying is to remove any imperfections or dirt/grime that regular washing does not remove. Even cars that are brand new can sometimes benefit from being clayed. In general it is a good idea to clay the car before any polishing to create the best surface possible for the polish, and then the protectant (sealant or wax). If you wipe your finger on your paint and it feels gritty or not extremely smooth, a clay bar can help it become very smooth and have the same feel similar to the glass when wet.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 AM

so who makes a good clay bar then? ive never heard of doing this, as strange as that may sound. ive always just used paint cleaners to strip off residue and waxes, and then put on a few coats of liquid wax. meguiars is my choice brand.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:31 PM

Thanks for setting me straight on claying.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Just Zaino'

Just with any auto detailing product, opinions on clay bars will vary. Meguiar's and Mother's make a clay bar, but in your auto parts stores, I use clay magic. You can buy some online, and if your vehicle is on the newer side, you may want to get Pinnacle's Ultra Poly Clay. It is less abrasive and will take care of small particles on your paint. Using clay can in fact put microscratches in your finish so follow these few simple rules when claying.

1. Cut the clay up into quarters, or halves, or however many pieces, because if you drop a piece, it MUST go in the trash. Do not try to pick out the dirt, it will possibly scratch your vehicle.
2. Use the lubricant provided or some other type, and be liberal with it.

Those are the most important rules of claying, and if you follow those guidelines, and any directions supplied with the clay, you will be on your way to a very smooth finish on your vehicle.

Quick Reply: Just Zaino'd my Outie!!