Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Key Fob Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020 | 12:41 PM
|
Default Key Fob Replacement

Hi all,
I have a used 2019 Outlander. I'm pretty happy with it, but it only came with 1 Key Fob. I would like to buy a backup in case this one gets lost or damaged, but I was quoted $500 from the dealership! Ouch.
I'm more than happy to get an aftermarket key fob or one that doesn't have all the bells and whistles like proximity detection to open the car or rear hatch button (I can live with just a lock/unlock backup). I noticed you can get OEM key fobs that you can take to a private business to get programmed. Here is an example:
https://www.keylessentryremotefob.co...-outlander.htm

I am curious if anyone has done this and if its possible for my outlander? I notice that 2014 - 2020 have the same key fob, but for example can i program an unused 2018 outlander key fob for the 2019 model? They share the same FCCID: OUC644M-KEY-N, but I didnt know if there is some sort of newer encryption tech or something on newer fobs that would prevent me from taking it to a private business for programming.
Thanks for the help.

Old 04-26-2021 | 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Scrump
Hi all,
I have a used 2019 Outlander. I'm pretty happy with it, but it only came with 1 Key Fob. I would like to buy a backup in case this one gets lost or damaged, but I was quoted $500 from the dealership! Ouch.
I'm more than happy to get an aftermarket key fob or one that doesn't have all the bells and whistles like proximity detection to open the car or rear hatch button (I can live with just a lock/unlock backup). I noticed you can get OEM key fobs that you can take to a private business to get programmed. Here is an example:
https://www.keylessentryremotefob.co...-outlander.htm

I am curious if anyone has done this and if its possible for my outlander? I notice that 2014 - 2020 have the same key fob, but for example can i program an unused 2018 outlander key fob for the 2019 model? They share the same FCCID: OUC644M-KEY-N, but I didnt know if there is some sort of newer encryption tech or something on newer fobs that would prevent me from taking it to a private business for programming.
Thanks for the help.
Did you ever figure this out or find an answer?