Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to reprogram key fob help pleas

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Default How to reprogram key fob help pleas

Morning all I've a.2010 outlander with two keys ( bladed type ) one of he keys will not lock or unlock car by the fob it will manually open and lock and start the car but if the car was last locked by the other key fob and I open it with the non working fob the alarm sets off ... I have put a new battery in but no joy and was wondering if there is a way to connect the key back to the car or is it a dealer correction

Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 PM

I had issues with my key fobs on a couple of occasions with my 2009 Outlander. There is a reprogramming procedure in the manual but basically what happened to me was that the first key fob stopped working, so I tried to program it following the manual instructions but I couldn't do it (as a note, according to the manual one of the key fobs has to be working in order to initiate the procedure). So I have used the second key and after a while it also stopped working. So I went to a dealership and they reprogrammed it free of charge and they couldn't tell what caused the problem (only speculation such as cell phone interference). I have also replaced the batteries in the key fobs but I am suspecting that the module inside the car might get damp (due to humidity) or something and that's what is causing the deprogramming. When pressing the key fob, the red light on the key fob always turned on so battery was not an issue.

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; 07-09-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 AM

Sorry for late reply .. It's seems the key had lost its code .. I did think about trying to reprogram it according to the manual but was worried I'd end up with two duff fobs, so a call to the dealers was made one dealer wanted £60 + vat but found another dealer would do it for £45 + vat so had it done there .. The mechanic said that they could go faulty if ts been through a scanner ie airport or left by a router .. But as neither was the case with my key fob I'm still none the wiser why it lost its code just £45+ vat lighter

Old 07-11-2013, 03:10 PM

electric things do things some times.

there is usually a button somewhere that you press down (on the vehicle) which broadcasts the code algorthm to anything that's listening, then you press and hold a button on the fob, to tell it to listen, the light will flash fast a few times, and it'll be sync'd up.