Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Keyless entry Transmitter?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Default Keyless entry Transmitter?????

I just bought an '03 Outlander. The dealership told me the vehicle was not equipped with it so I didn't question it until the next day. I called another Mitsu dealership and had them run the VIN and they told me it was equipped with it. I don't really won't to pay $200 for a pair at the dealer. There are several for sale on ebay.

My question is what are the numbers on the back of the transmitter, so I can match one up on ebay.

Thanks

tsi1989

Old 02-27-2006, 12:48 PM
JMC
Default RE: Keyless entry Transmitter?????

I'd go back to the dealer first and talk this over...seems like a lot of BS on their part. I'm sure if you raise hell they'll do something...if not, take me with you!

Old 02-27-2006, 03:41 PM

The dealers get cars where the previous owners lose the remotes a lot. Also, the salespeople say whatever fits the situation. I looked at an Expedition and the stereo was installed upside down and the salesman tried to convince me that it was the correct way until I asked him to read "Kenwood" upside down. Bottom line is on used cars, never take the dealers word for anything.
They said it never came with it cause they were too damn lazy to check. Have the dealer find the codes you need for the remote. You just bought the car, any decent dealer will do this for you. BTW, did you buy from a Mitsubishi dealer? If not then they likely just didn't know any better. It also sounds like you bought from the dealers in my neighborhood.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:48 PM

Yes, I bought it at a Mitsu dealership. They also told me they had the owners manual before I signed the paper work. After I had signed is when they told me they didn't have the owners manual. I also only got one key. After I got the Outlander home, I also noticed they didn't include any floor mats either. That dealership sucks. I will never buy anything from them again.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:03 PM

Thats the thing with used cars or as the dealers say{pre owned) LOL
However, if you gota good deal and the car or in your case truck runs and looks good just replace mats besides who wants someone else old mats. NO one is going to treat your baby like you

Old 02-28-2006, 05:15 AM

try another Mitsubishi dealer locally if the original one you purchased the vehicle at isn't any help. You'll need a decent relationship with at least one dealership. Did you get an extended warranty?

Old 03-06-2006, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

The dealers get cars where the previous owners lose the remotes a lot. Also, the salespeople say whatever fits the situation. I looked at an Expedition and the stereo was installed upside down and the salesman tried to convince me that it was the correct way until I asked him to read "Kenwood" upside down. Bottom line is on used cars, never take the dealers word for anything.
They said it never came with it cause they were too damn lazy to check. Have the dealer find the codes you need for the remote. You just bought the car, any decent dealer will do this for you. BTW, did you buy from a Mitsubishi dealer? If not then they likely just didn't know any better. It also sounds like you bought from the dealers in my neighborhood.
lolz....

Old 03-06-2006, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: tsi1989

Yes, I bought it at a Mitsu dealership. They also told me they had the owners manual before I signed the paper work. After I had signed is when they told me they didn't have the owners manual. I also only got one key. After I got the Outlander home, I also noticed they didn't include any floor mats either. That dealership sucks. I will never buy anything from them again.
when i, bought my 03 outtie, they didn't include any floormats too. ( and i, bought it brand new) [:-] dude....dealerships!!![:'(]

Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
JMC

I just made sure I had everythjing I wanted before I signed any papers for the Outlander. I went over the truck like I was the dealership taking a truck back after a lease. You have to be a real pain to get these guys to do anything...plus, my dealer is really cool...better than most.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM

next time, i'll make sure all access. are accounted for, esp. the floor mats.[:@]

Quick Reply: Keyless entry Transmitter?????