Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

KEYLESS/fobs NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Default KEYLESS/fobs NOT WORKING

HEY,

My fobs stopped working. No keyless entry, lock/unlock, keyless start ---- NOTHING. Have to use the emergency key.
2007 XLS OUTLANDER.

CPU>??? HOW DO i RE-SET IT? is there something like that. (you know, like a re-boot button on a computer???)

HELP !!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Default RE: KEYLESS/fobs NOT WORKING

As I first read your post I thought your battery was dead in the fob. But then I saw that you said fobS. As in both. So if both just all of the sudden quit working then you probably need the dealer to reset. I dont know, could be as easy as just resetting something... sorry, not much help.

Are you having to start the car with the emergency key too?

Old 03-23-2008, 11:29 AM

Both keys stopped working? I would say replace the batteries and see if that works, if not go to the dealer. I dont know if you can reset them yourself.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 AM

You dash should actually tell you if your fobs need fresh batteries. If it doesn't say that, then it's something else.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:18 PM

For an '07 model, it's about that time.

I changed mine...CR2032 batteries, mine were getting weaker.
The remote is always transmitting a low power signal for the keyless system sensors.
Keep them away from cellular phones too. On the Toyota system, remotes were getting damaged when next to a cell phone in someone's pocket when ringing.

Hope you don't need to see the dealer.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:31 AM

Yup, replaced the battery to double check.
I'm in Canada and own a US model vehicle. Went to the local dealer, (no warrenty coverage here for me) they couldn't hook up the the car, the computer is aparently not letting them (cost me $50) aparently my fobs are ok, but something in the car isn't.
I guess I have to take a trip down over the border and have it serviced......at a US dealer (what a bunch of BS).

Old 03-25-2008, 08:33 AM

Are they suggesting that the computer could not be hooked up because the car is from the US? If that's so, did you ask him how an American tourist would get their car fixed?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:07 PM

I had some spare time and looked this up in the Shop manuel, they have a bunch of steps that need to be checked but it's likely that if both keys don't work at all, they'll need to replace theETACS-ECU. I didn't see anything about reseting.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 AM

THANKS, got an appointment booked for this weekend....

they said (at the canadian dealer) that they have no communications with the car.....ie. they cannot diagnose the problem, therefore they would have to replace the ECU? at a cost of about a $1000. and go from there.

I still don't understand the warranty cross border issuses but at least I don't live too far from the border!

Old 04-08-2008, 01:12 PM

Ok, Problem Solved.

Took it over the border to the US. Waited half and hour. Got my FAST key thing working again. They had replaced 'some fuse' and reprogrammed the KEY. No problems whatsoever.

So, all pissed off at the Canadian Dealership for not fixing my problem in the first place, I took a trip to see them. After about 10 minutes of F*$______ and so on. Got my money back.

Quick Reply: KEYLESS/fobs NOT WORKING