Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Leaking Outlander 2023

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 03:52 AM
Default Leaking Outlander 2023

I am so guttered I have had my new outlander for 3 weeks and I have found that is it leaking.
My car has wet roof lining a inch above the rear door and over the seatbelt front and back both sides.
my seatbelts are also wet, and all inside the door hinges are also wet.
The dealer can’t find the leak and said they have never seen it before.
Has anyone experienced this?
Would you be demanding a new car?

Attached Thumbnails Leaking Outlander 2023-img_0482.jpeg  
Old 05-24-2023, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by andreanz
I am so guttered I have had my new outlander for 3 weeks and I have found that is it leaking.
My car has wet roof lining a inch above the rear door and over the seatbelt front and back both sides.
When there is a design fault, the dealer will always tell you that they have never seen it before.

The wet frame between the doors is normal fot Outlanders because they do not put outer door seals or these are made of crappy and too soft rubber. In my 2013 i had to install additional outer seals and insert thin silicone hoses inside the all 4 inner door seals to make door slamming feel more solid.

If you have wet linning on the ceiling then it is a major fault. Tell your dealer that they must replace all seals on that door regadless of where the leak is. The seal is leaking!

Old 06-01-2023, 12:51 PM

Hello same here - the recess in all the doors are exposed to the outside weather that's why they become dusty as well which is normal. The seat belt does not sound right are you sure it was not jammed in the door well.

Mike

Old 06-02-2023, 07:53 AM

Here what I've done some years ago with all doors on my 2013 Outie. See the description above each image.

Silicon hose inside the OEM door frame seals for all 4 side doors, it was a bit tricky to insert but with silicon lubrication it went relatively smooth and within 30min per seal:

Z- and D-type (maybe P-type profile, I do not recall) seals on the back door. As you see, the back door frame is dirty, but hey, I have not washed it for several years, without those seals it becomes dirty like this right after the first rain.

Top view of the back door, in winter time this Z-profile seal prevents snow and ice coming inside.

A D-profile (maybe P-profile, I do not recall) is installed on both sides of the hood, helps keep engine warm a bit longer during the cold and windy winter:

Z-profile on the front edge of front doors:

Side view of the front driver door, dirt is kept away (mostly).

D-profile on the rear edge of the front and rear doors:

All seals were purchased on AliExpress, although they are available on eBay, Amazon etc.

Last edited by daem0n; 06-02-2023 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:02 AM
Default Outcome

Originally Posted by andreanz
Just wondering if you had this issue resolved to your satisfactopn? We have a brand new 2023 PHEV Outlander Exceed and it is leaking into the roof along the drivers side and also into the drivers seatbelt pillar. The dealer is pulling it apart right now.