Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

life time protection plan on outlander

Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Default life time protection plan on outlander

I've got my outlander today, and thank u guys for the thorough information on thisforum be4 i make my purchase. my dealer is selling this life time protection package to me including - rust, underbody, paint, fabric protection, life time warranty sounds attractive, since this is my first car, do u guys think i should go for the plan?

also the plastic on the side of the backseat is not sealed properly, its wide open, and i can see the metals inside actually, is it normal?

[IMG]local://upfiles/12780/EC93707827A54CECBF473360456508D0.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Default RE: life time protection plan on outlander

I really dont think its worth it, mitsu has a great standard warranti as it is, I dont see the need for a lifetime. Ofcourse is up to you to decide how to spend your money, theres obviously long term benefits to this that sound atractive, but more often than not people find them selfes trading in their cars or selling them. At wich point having purchased the lifetime warranti woul've been a waste of money. I'm planing on keeping the outlander till I run it down to the dirt and it just wont go, even so I thought the extended warranties were just a waste of money. Personally, as long as my engine is covered for 10 years/100,000 miles I'm happy.
*EDIT*
After those 10 years are up, I'm sure the outi woul've turned into the beater and I would be driving my new Evo12.lol.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:39 PM

If I remember correctly its 7yr/100K mi on drive train. It takes me only4 yrs or so to hit 100K, I drive my cars into the ground. However I did get the 10yr/100K bumper to bumper.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 PM

The corrosion one is 7 years, the powertrain is 10, this is more than enough for me as I use a kia rio for daily driving and the outi for weekend/trips, I will probably take a while to get to 100,000 miles and this was a major consideration in my purchase, as most of my other "weekend" vehicles warranties would expire before I even hit 70,000.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:35 AM

thanx guys, the protection package costs about C$1250 plus tax, here is a picture of my backseats, the plastic cover on the side is the only flaw so far. i have great experience with my new outi, as a new driver, i always try to drive carefully, and focus on the 'technicals', but obviously toronto people are not patient at all, so far ive alrady got beep twice.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:14 AM

AVOID it! These are about 90% profit for the dealer

Rust treatments/underbody coating often CAUSE more rust than they prevent due to plugging drain holes.

There is no paint protection that I would bet on past 6 months..and even then,.you can buy a quality product and spend under $30 and reapply yourself every few months

You can buy a can of Scotchguard for any fabric

As others have said..the Mitubishi warranty is very good! If you plan to keep it for less than 5 years, then it's pointless..even then you can get a aftermarket warranty for considerably cheaper

Old 06-01-2007, 09:41 AM

thanx for the replies, 90% profit, isnt it a bit too high, unsustainable and cheating? i think i will pass the plan,as i go throughmitsubishi's warranty, its good enough for me, there is no point to get the extra plan, plus i like to do some work on my new car, it is fun.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:49 AM

I'm looking to buy a new Outlander.....if you went with the extended warranty, what did everyone pay for the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty? Do you have a deductible?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM

Don't get it!!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:11 PM

$1250 for lifetime warranty??? DUH, thats a no brainer...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: life time protection plan on outlander