Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Locking doors, Icy road warning, and tire PSI

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Default Locking doors, Icy road warning, and tire PSI

Three questions -

1) I don't have remote start. I want to use the factory keyless system to start the car and then lock the doors while it warms up. When I try to lock the doors with the door open, they automatically unlock. The remote will not lock/unlock with the vehicle running. Only way to lock the doors is to be inside the vehicle. How can I lock the vehicle and walk away while it warms up?

2) How do I turn off the Icy roads warning? This thing was coming on before there was even snow on the ground, and now that its actually icy it doesn't even come on.

3) What PSI do you guys keep your tires at? Mine from factory are at 28PSI with Goodyears. I believe the recommended cold pressure on inside of the door is more like 32PSI.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Default RE: Locking doors, Icy road warning, and tire PSI

1. I saw that someone tried a remote start on his outie, But Im sure he is in the UK. It works as he said and you have 2 options, when you get in the car, it will stall when you use the KOS start (no key), but will start when **** is turned.
Option 2 is pull key out, put in ign and turn and go, no stall.

2. Its on for life as far as I know.. 37 F is the warning set.. Remember, bridges freeze before road thing.. Nice warning tho... Lil wakeup beep never hurts.

3. I had my oil changed and the guy said he adj to factory spec.. I think he took it down to 28 or so.. Now when the temp outside is below 17 F, my warning is on until tires warm up to org 28. On the door of the car it says 32 lbs Cold/tire.. Time to inflat I say.. Just too cold..

Old

Old 12-05-2007, 01:33 PM

I really don't mind the Ice Roads warning. I think it's a nice little reminder when I am jumping in the car and about to speed off somewhere.

As far as the Low Tire Pressure warning...THAT'S annoying. I had my Mitsu looked at by the dealer and they said "tire pressure is fine", but I get the warning EVERY time it's 15F or below outside. I am thinking they have the tires set at 28psi. I plan on bringing them up to 32psi.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:16 PM

MY TPS went off because one of my tires dropped down to 20, going in for some other warranty work so they can fix it at the same time. As for the Icy Roads warning, for me, it was going off on dry pavement continously in late fall when we were around 0C. Now that its -25C, I've maybe seen it once in two weeks. If it was accurate, I wouldn't be asking to turn it off, it just makes me laugh whenever it comes on.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:29 PM

Maybe at 0 F it thinks that you should know that it can be icy.. After all, sitting in a cold car waiting for the seats to warm and heater to come on might be a clue..

I also understand that the MMCS is suppose to not display at 0F as well, or somewhere around it..

Suppose to keep from ruining the circuits for display.

Old

Old 12-05-2007, 06:31 PM

Keep our tires at 32psi to avoid the warning at 27psi during the winter. Seems to work well.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: chowc

Keep our tires at 32psi to avoid the warning at 27psi during the winter. Seems to work well.
Trying to, a bit tricky with -15C to -25C temps and not being able to do a proper cold fill as I don't have a compressor or inflater ATM. Filled it up to 32PSI after driving half an hour, few hours later when the vehicle was fully cool they read 30PSI. Gonna bring it up to 34PSI warm fill.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:09 AM

The way to start the car and walk away is to start it normally, sit in the car and shut the door and lock all of the doors, then open the drivers door and shut it, and use the emergency key and turn to the left, it will lock the door. You can pull on the handle to try it, the door won't unlock like usual, now the only way to get in is to use the emergency key again. Works just fine, I used it this morning while I waited for the sheet of ice to melt on my outie, and then the car and my seat was nice and toasty when I got in.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 AM
tcp

thanks, smiley. I knew there was a way, just didn't know what it was.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:25 AM

Thats funny smiley, it was the one last thing I had on my mind to try but havent had the opportunity. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: Locking doors, Icy road warning, and tire PSI