Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Looking for a new Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Default Looking for a new Outlander

Looking for a new Outlander.Hello I would find some answers about the New Outlander and hope to find it in that forum.My parents asked me to help them choose a new SUV.And the choice is between Suzuki Grand Vitara,Hyunday Santa Fe and the Outlander.I think the Outlander will be the best choice.But the features don't surprised me here in Bulgaria arethe Outlander's engine is only 2.0 DI-D (4 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine with max output 140 hp with manual transmission,this engine is from VW Group).I would like to get more powerfull engine but with the European EURO 4 Eco standards,the high performance engines like 2,4 or 3,0 cc are not provided .Other thing which I don't like that the NAV system cost 4500 Euro (optionally),the PDC (Park distance Control) cost 600 Euro (optionally).So maybe the fully loaded Outlander will reach the price over 36 000 Euro.
I would like to ask the owners with NAV system ,do they have a TV inclusive ,because I saw a video in internet with TV in the Mitsubishi Multicommunication System,but my local dealer told me there is no TV available.Other feature which is not so important ,but it's for safety when you start driving are the doors locking automatic?How much cost the rear seatsentertainment system?If there is somebody from EU,maybe he will has the similar prices like here in Bulgaria.Thank you!

P.S. My English is poor and I hope you understand me right.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Default RE: Looking for a new Outlander

There are new engines availablethis yearfor the European outlander a 2.2DI-D which is more powerful than the 2.0 DI-D.
A V6 might also arrive.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:30 AM

My doors dont lock when I start driving. I checked the manual and couldnt find anything about how to change it. I havent seen anything about the tv tuner either. Maybe you seen a video where it was playing a DVD?? The DVD will only play when your in park though, unless you disable the navigation and your speed sensor. The rest of the european stuff I have no clue. Zontarh ^ should be able to help.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 AM

The TV tuner is available on the Japanese version.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:52 PM

If you watch that video,you'll see clear that there is available TV option on the screen of the Multi Communication System http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLsGf5xHyf4
It is strange for me,why that is not available for Europe [sm=smiley13.gif].

Old 06-10-2007, 03:46 PM

I know here in the US many options are not available that are available overseas. Or if you live in Canada you can not get the satelite option that is available in the US.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:52 PM

There are various options omitted from both North American and European Outlanders that exist on Japanese models, for example the backup camera options are already there on the nav screen but there's no option to have it fitted. On the other hand there are also European accessories that are not available to the Japanese or North American market.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:22 PM

hi,i work in a mitsubishi dealer in california,i have the info how to get tv tuner on the navi system for the new outlander and lancer,i will post it here soon.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Find an easy way to get the dvd player to still work when driving too.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM

Welcome

Have your parents driven each of the cars? Are you going to be driving it as well? With options the car can get pretty expensive, but I still think it is cheaper than the competition from Honda and Toyota. It is a good value, and I don't think you will be disappointed if you get it.

Definitely find a way for DVD playback while driving if you can!!