Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Loss of Power - in Limp Mode - please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 05:20 PM

i had the same problem going into limpmode under pressure.but i had seperate issue of mass air flow code.garage tried everything no good.i had a peugeot and the map sensor always played up .so i decieded to change it on the outlander.i cured two birds with one stone .more power no limp mode and no more engine light on.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by outlander123
Hello everyone

I have encountered another problem with my outlander 2008 (2.0 VAG Engine manual) and that is that the car intermittently goes into "limp mode" causing a loss of power and not accelerating above 60 mph and really struggling on hills etc.

This has happened to me twice now since I bought it 2 days ago. I have read this thread from another site and wanted to know to know if anyone has encountered this on their car?
http://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/foru...TOPIC_ID=39380

The only correlation I can find with this occurance is each time it has happened shortly after I used the cruise control. I have found that stopping the car and restarting takes it out of limp mode (presumably resetting the ecu?) Also can this be related to my other problem of the oil light audible warning at ignition.

Thanks in anticipation
Besides these problems the outlander seems to be a very good car!

I had this problem when I bought my 2005 Grandis DID (autocorrected to dud &#128518 last year. The dealer told me about it but didn't know what caused it. Seems that it happens under hard acceleration with a cold engine - ignition off and on fixes it (sometimes without stopping, should I admit to that?). Feels like it's designed to let the turbo warm up slowly.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by outlander123
Hello everyone

I have encountered another problem with my outlander 2008 (2.0 VAG Engine manual) and that is that the car intermittently goes into "limp mode" causing a loss of power and not accelerating above 60 mph and really struggling on hills etc.

This has happened to me twice now since I bought it 2 days ago. I have read this thread from another site and wanted to know to know if anyone has encountered this on their car?
http://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/foru...TOPIC_ID=39380

The only correlation I can find with this occurance is each time it has happened shortly after I used the cruise control. I have found that stopping the car and restarting takes it out of limp mode (presumably resetting the ecu?) Also can this be related to my other problem of the oil light audible warning at ignition.

Thanks in anticipation
Besides these problems the outlander seems to be a very good car!
Loss of powerHi I have the same problem with mine and with my previous one and my friend has same problem. It's a fault with them all with this engine And mitsubishi don't know why.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:56 AM
Default 2nd hand 2008 Outlander Diamond

Originally Posted by John Pringle
I had this problem when I bought my 2005 Grandis DID (autocorrected to dud &#128518 last year. The dealer told me about it but didn't know what caused it. Seems that it happens under hard acceleration with a cold engine - ignition off and on fixes it (sometimes without stopping, should I admit to that?). Feels like it's designed to let the turbo warm up slowly.
I’ve just got stranded in icy conditions. I bought this car yesterday. Car lost power and engine warning light came on. Previous owner says ‘it sometimes goes into limp mode then when you switch the engine on and off, it’s fine again’.

The engine is properly warm as I’ve driven 100 or so miles already. The only thing I changed was from 2WD to Lock and back again. That’s when the problem occurred.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:51 PM

Replace this

black box with a new one.