Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Maintenance for 2007 Outlander XLS 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by calvario
Now that I have a few of you on this thread, I would like to ask if you guys have dealt at all with Good Year Frisby or Active Green +Ross?
I need to change my front tires for my Outlander on top of the work that I mentioned before. I would like to also know if you guys can recommend a good place to get tires?

I went to Active Green +Gross yesteday and they quoted me for the two of them, Assurance tires $470.00 with taxes included. These tires are all season.

Thanks Again,
calvario.

I got 17" winter tires in January and this forum is the place where I got lots of info thanks to the guys who share their experience in here.

I got quotes from 4-5 places including Green+gross. I suggest to check tire ratings first from similar websites such as

http://www.1010tires.com/

Select 2-3 tires that you like and can afford then go the shop. Don't tell them what you know first, let me talk and see who's bs u and who's telling the truth. At green+ross I got quoted for a low rating winter tire which was recommended by them, then I asked for a few options that I selected from the website and the prices were much much higher. Then I went to OK tire and I paid less for a set of top notch GO2+.

So personally I had a good experience at OK tires. If you have one there go and check it out. Canadian company also I believe.

And as I mentioned, select 2-3 tires that you like within your price range so you know what u're gonna buy before you enter the shop.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Oj83
I got 17" winter tires in January and this forum is the place where I got lots of info thanks to the guys who share their experience in here.

I got quotes from 4-5 places including Green+gross. I suggest to check tire ratings first from similar websites such as

http://www.1010tires.com/

Select 2-3 tires that you like and can afford then go the shop. Don't tell them what you know first, let me talk and see who's bs u and who's telling the truth. At green+ross I got quoted for a low rating winter tire which was recommended by them, then I asked for a few options that I selected from the website and the prices were much much higher. Then I went to OK tire and I paid less for a set of top notch GO2+.

So personally I had a good experience at OK tires. If you have one there go and check it out. Canadian company also I believe.

And as I mentioned, select 2-3 tires that you like within your price range so you know what u're gonna buy before you enter the shop.
Hi Oj83,

Thanks for the information. However, I am kind of stuck with Good Year tires because I only need two for the front. What happened back last year for the Civic Holiday, I went out for a drive and I noticed that the front tire on the driver side had lump on it. These were the original tires that came with the Outlander, the LS ones. This was on a Saturday. When I saw the lump, I went to walmart and I was told that I needed to replace the tire because it could go out anytime. I search in different stores in Ottawa but could not find the LS one. I went to the dealer the following Tuesday and they did not have the LS either, they told me that they would have to order from Toronto and it could take about a week. They said however, that they could put in another Good year but not the LS, they instead used the Good Year Assurance. So I said ok, they did the work, put the new tires in the back and the original ones "LS" in the front. These ones (front ones) are all worn out. I need to replace them, so I am looking for two Good Years Assurance since the ones in the back are still good.

I called the tire OK place you mentioned and they do not have this one, they mentioned a KUMO brand but I would have to change the 4 of them. They quoted about $814.16 for that work. But then I would be stuck with the Good year ones, What would I do with those ones?

I have called Frisby at preston and it came to $567.12. Balancing included, alignment separate.

Last week i went to green + Ross and they do have the Good year Assurance, it would cost me $470.00 with Balancing included. Not sure about aligment.

So, this is where I am now, I just gotta think and maybe call other places to find a cheap price but now, the $470.00 is the lowest one. I might just go for that one.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 AM

If you have tires on that are only a year old why not look for some used tires to balance out the life of the newer tires?

Then go for a new set of 4 after you get some more life out of them. I know you can replace in sets of 2, but I would think a full 4 would be easier.

Google has a few tire shops in ottawa just search for "ottawa used tires".

Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 PM

Maybe I'm a little late on this but... I just did the Trans flush service at my dealership here in KW. The Sevice #4, was what was recmmended $285.00. However, I do my own oil changes, air/cab filters and rotation of tires. The trans service only was what I neded to do to keep my Powertrain warranty up to snuff. $140.00 taxes in. I semed to think it was a fair price.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Default 2007 Outlander Scheduled Maintenance

Hello,

I know that this will sound like a stupid question, but I could really use the help.

I bought a used 2007 Outlander with 31K miles, where can i find a detailed list of the Scheduled Maintenance and the "sever maintenance" that I see everybody talk about?

Thank you,

Dave

Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 AM

should be printed in your owner's manual...the big one.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by elias
Does anyone know how, where, how much I can add blutooth to my 07 outlander awd?
This thread that has to do with Outlander maintenance.
Your post has nothing to do with Outlander maintenance. What you are doing is called hijacking the thread. You should search on your question in this forum and if you can't find any info on your question you should post your question and the members will try to help answer it.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Question trans flush

OK I picked up an 07 XLS with 40,000 miles on it and am looking to see what is due. I have the maintenance booklet and was surprised I could not find any mention of changing out the trans fluid. Maybe I missed it but at what mileage interval is a trans flush recommended?

From the maintenance booklet I was surprised that the intake valves need checking & adjustment every 30k miles. How many hours get billed for this operation?

joe

Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 AM

hi guys,

my 2k10 outie's 1 yr free oil service is almost up so i'm here researching for infos. a lot of helpful stuff are in here! i have a 2k10 gt (v6)

anyways, i have a few questions/clarifications:
1. for the engine oil its 5w20, is it regular or synthetic?
2. what size of the engine oil filter needed? is this oem part correct http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en
3. is the cabin air filter the same with previous outlander models? seen this in ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...Q5fAccessories

cheers to DIY!

thanks,

jay

Last edited by jayczer0one; 06-16-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added ebay infos
Old 06-16-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by jayczer0one
1. for the engine oil its 5w20, is it regular or synthetic?
Oil weight is 5w20 - you can also use a 0w20 synthetic. You can use regular or synthetic - depends on the oil change interval you're interested in using and how important quality oils are to you - aka how long you plan to own the vehicle.

Synthetics are usually thought of as better but some of the really good mineral oils can be better than the lower quality synthetics. Personally I take my DYI labour savings and invest that into quality oils or you could pocket the difference. You get what you pay for.

AMSOIL has a pretty good online vehicle lookup.
Newer vehicles don't have all the product recommendations until Amsoil can verify the applications.
http://www.amsoil.com/mygarage/vehic...HI+OUTLANDER+X

2. what size of the engine oil filter needed? is this oem part correct http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en
Ask your dealer to be sure, but the Amsoil filter cross reference says:

MZ690116 MITSUBISHI
Amsoil Oil Filter:
http://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?z...ode=EA15K46-EA
WIX Oil Filter: http://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?z...&Code=57092-EA

You can probably get quality WIX/NAPA gold filter for less. Auto parts stores will have lookups for oil and air filters. Mitsupartsman.com is a user on this board who sells parts online as well - but I haven't seen him in a while.

I prefer to buy a single filter right before I'm doing the oil change to keep the receipt with the date on it as proof of the work done by me in case a warranty issue comes up.

3. is the cabin air filter the same with previous outlander models? seen this in ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...Q5fAccessories
Sorry, no idea. You'll have to call a dealer and get a part number.

I cheap out on cabin air filters instead of oil and oil filters - the only thing you can ruin is your blower motor (restricted flow of a clogged filter) and have more dust/pollen/stuff in the cabin.

Quick Reply: Maintenance for 2007 Outlander XLS 4WD