Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Missing video RCA connector on mmcs equipped Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Default Missing video RCA connector on mmcs equipped Outlander

The new XLS I picked out today has nav but is missing the yellow composite video connector in the console. This tells me the nav was likely installed at port instead of the factory. The dealer is going to make it right but has doubts about whether it should be there (how else would I use the aux video?). Is the necessary wiring from the console to the dash already in the car? Is it just a matter of switching out the panel in the console and connecting at both ends?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Karmann
The new XLS I picked out today has nav but is missing the yellow composite video connector in the console. This tells me the nav was likely installed at port instead of the factory. The dealer is going to make it right but has doubts about whether it should be there (how else would I use the aux video?). Is the necessary wiring from the console to the dash already in the car? Is it just a matter of switching out the panel in the console and connecting at both ends?
I have done it myself, I can confirm it is all pre-wired. All you need to do is get the part and swap the audio only jacks.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks greatcat. Did you have any difficulty getting your hands on the three-plug panel? Is is available as a separate part at the dealer?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Karmann
Thanks greatcat. Did you have any difficulty getting your hands on the three-plug panel? Is is available as a separate part at the dealer?
I guess the part number is all you need.

I called the dealer's parts and asked for it. It took them about 3 days to get it in.

BTW, I'm in Vancouver.