Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mistu issues (split into 2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Default Mistu issues (split into 2)

Ok so here's my beef and I am hoping I can get some people to back me on this one.

I bought a 2008 Outlander XLS w MMCS in March 2008 I have been fighting with Mitsubishi and Gracenote BECAUSE.

1) The navagation map is out by 2 years I paid for a navagation system that is 2 years out of date.
2) The gracenote database is 1.5 years out of date Gracenote will not release when a new revision will be released (if it will be released)

Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Mistu issues (split into 2)

This Nav MMCS setup cost me an additional $1800 ontop of list and now I have 2 sets of outdated technology. Has anyone contacted mitsubishi (I have tried through their customer support with no success) Also the dealership is saying there will be a charge to update the maps once the update is released that is such crap. I bought an 08 everything on it should be from 2008 including NAV and Gracenote.

I am considering starting a petition for North American (Canada America) if this doesn't get resolved soon.

I appreciate any feedback or assitance anyone can provide.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:41 PM

If you create a petition, I'm in! My 2007 XLS has 2005 maps, and they want $130 for new ones (2006)...

Old 08-11-2008, 02:13 PM

Why don't we start one using this forum, I am sure we could get some people to sign it

Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 PM

Just do it here, and link in...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create.html

You might get farther with a lawyer backing you up, though.....

Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM

stop bellyaching.

Does it all work? Good. oh, no.. 2 whole years?
the car is already practically that old.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Hey jnutter

I feel your pain. I have an 07 with the 05 maps. the POI are useless. Gracenote I dont care about that much. As long as it rips Cd's I'm fine.

The 2007 maps will be out this fall for $155. As I mentioned before you will be better buying a portable Garmin
________
Toyota Carina II history

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:12 PM

First off for those who tell me to stop bellyaching, you must be used to being hosed on a more frequent basis....

here's the concept, you buy something that is 2008, you would expect that the technology inside that 2008 is of that year, not 2 years old. Now the dealership wants me to pay to update to a 1 year old map, that doesn't make sense.

Mitsubishi should be advertising what versions their technologies are at so when people cough out a few thousand more they are not getting ripped off.

I think there are enough users on this forum to take a stance (minus the loser who told me to quit belly aching), most would agree you should get what you pay for, not something branded as 2008 but is really 2006.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:35 PM

I'm in if you set it up

Old 08-12-2008, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: jnetter

First off for those who tell me to stop bellyaching, you must be used to being hosed on a more frequent basis....

here's the concept, you buy something that is 2008, you would expect that the technology inside that 2008 is of that year, not 2 years old. Now the dealership wants me to pay to update to a 1 year old map, that doesn't make sense.

Mitsubishi should be advertising what versions their technologies are at so when people cough out a few thousand more they are not getting ripped off.

I think there are enough users on this forum to take a stance (minus the loser who told me to quit belly aching), most would agree you should get what you pay for, not something branded as 2008 but is really 2006.
To be fair with Mitsubishi, the map version can be easily checked before you sign any papers. The least you could have done is check the map version if that is important to you, before buying the vehicle. I guess you can't blame Mitsubishi if you failed to check the map version.

The thing about map data, Mitsubishi only sell maps that are available to them at the time of manufacture. Mitsubishi does not make the map data themselves, as you would know, but instead they buy it from NAVTEQ. It takes time for NAVTEQ to update these maps, and 1-2 year old maps are basically about what you would get from all other car makes that buy maps from NAVTEQ. Since 2008 is not yet over, I don't expect a 2008 map to be available when you buy an 08 Outlander.

What you should have done really is to have negotiated with your dealer if he is willing to throw in a map update when you bought the vehicle.

Just my 2 cents on the issue. But hey, since this is a democracy, nothing is going to stop you from doing that petition thing.

Quick Reply: Mistu issues (split into 2)