Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Fitted alarm 2008 outlander

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Default Mitsubishi Fitted alarm 2008 outlander

Hi just for your information this is for a uk spec car not sure if it would apply to any other areas
I have a free upgrade alarm fitted by mitsubishi when it was new (before it was delivered) which is known as an upgrade alarm system from diamond collection

i have had problems with this alarm sometimes going off for no reason first problem was if i forgot to turn off my interior lights this would go off when the outlander automatically turned them off, fair enough no probs with that!

second problem was it would go off sometimes when veichles drove passed it

last week when a big van went past so i assumed it had made contact and that it had a shock sensor so i set the alarm and started to bash the miirror but nothing happened
another day i drove passed my outlander without making contact and the alarm went off this happened about 3 times that week that i know of and it was always 5 flashes on the led

According to the instructions supplied (a very poor photo copied folded a4 sheet) there is no state that would make the alarm give out 5 flashes on the led

so i rang my dealer and described problem they said oh no problem it needs its sensors adjusting it will take about a day, they described the job as having to take the sensors out adjust and place them back in

great should be on the warrantee as it was registered december 08

No chance they said that if it was a problem it would of been doing it from the start and not this late so it is to be billed as an adjustment

no wonder people are going off buying new cars as all the customer care seems like a load of bull

luckily for me its a company car so i dont get the bill but i still think it stinks and just wanted to warn other members not to leave anything get back to your dealer straight away

cheers

Old 07-19-2009, 07:00 AM

I had same problem with my UK Elegance. The interior sensors were not switching off which meant I couldnt take my dog anywhere.....
Dealer had a look and have given me instructions which differ from original ones supplied with car but I still have problems as you do. The alarm just goes off and I still struggle to get the sensors off.

I have never had this problem with other cars. Have now had another recall for brake switch for which they wont supply a courtesy car for which means sitting at dealers till fixed and also my chrome mirrors are getting replaced as blistered after 8 months.

Also I find the RDS radio system reception rubbish as it is crackly on FM signals and doesnt adjust itself as its supposed to. Once again been into dealers and got the usual we cant find a fault. Also never had this problem with any other stereo.

I dont really drive it now as frustrates me so the wife has it and I use my bike.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 AM

I had the same problem with my Diamond model some time back see this thread

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=27100

The problem cleared its self and has not come back, I think another alarm was jamming mine causing it to go off. I had the five flashes of the LED which is not detailed in the instructions, when I spoke to the dealer they contacted Mitsubishi who told them to check the intrusion sensors.

As for the brake light switch recall I contacted my dealer to book it in after receiving a recall letter and both the service manager and the technician hadn't heard of the recall. They were going to contact Mitsubishi about it and call me back. I think customers that have access to the internet and forums are more knowledgeable than the dealers, this worries me.