Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Outlander-12 Nav install wire question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 03:09 PM

That doesn't sound very promising at all. You are just buying another item which does the exact same thing the original one does. I suggest understanding how the wiring works instead, as you will have the exact same problems with the Pioneer harness. It probably doesn't even have steering wheel control support.

After looking at the item you bought, it seems like a very good kit, since it combines steering wheel controls+MITO 02 and has far better AMP controls than the MITO-02.
http://www.connects2.co.uk/Instructions/CTSMT002.pdf
Its too bad I didn't hear about it before buying a MITO-02. Although the MITO makes wiring simpler by using RCA jacks for audio.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM

I got everything working just using the ctkmt01 harness I post soon everything worth knowing about my Pioneer Avic F30bt installation.

Last edited by chavabunga; 01-19-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM

Ok, this is what you need to get and do for an Pioneer Avic F30bt install in a Outlander -12 with Rockford Fosgate system (will work I assume with -10, -11 also)

- Harness CTSMT001 or CA-R-RF.001
- metal cage ex Autoleads DFPK-28-02 Mitsubishi Outlander Double Din Fascia Fitting Kit
-Fascia make sure is a rugged one and not plain so it matches the interior ex Connects2 CT23MT01 Mitsubishi Outlander Car Stereo Double Din Fascia Panel
- Pioneer Avic unit

-NOT NEEDED the MITO-02 ADAPTER

Make the connections like this;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had some problem with the steering wheel control on the CTSMT002 (CTSMT001). The phone buttons only function as mute, next, prev. I did not change even if I change the steering wheel control to old or new wich is the only option available on the harness read manual CTSMT002.pdf .
After a talk to ivanz (thanks by the way) I bought the AWSC which could program the button more specific. Don't be afraid of all the wires that comes with the ASWC you only use three on the AWSC for Outlander, RED 12 ACC, Black GROUND, BLACK/GREEN to steering wheel control +. To get this to work I had to bypass the steering wheel controller on the CTSMT002 (CTSMT001) harness. I cut the wires (ONLY TWO and on the radio side,harness side) on C-16 (see picture previous post for layout) and connected the ASWC as follows;

1. Pin 22 steering wheel control + (connect here the ASWC BLACK/GREEN steering wheel +) CUT THIS
2. Pin 32 steering wheel control - (connect to vehicle ground, with ASWC ground black!) CUT THIS
3. ASWC 12v RED (to pin 21 +12 ACC) NO CUT ON HARNESS SIDE
4: ASWC ground black (to vehicle ground, with pin 32 steering wheel control - )

After this follow the instructions in the ASWC manual for programming buttons like the Pioneer PTT (push to talk) , hang on, hang off etc.
Voila I now have all original functions from my steering wheel buttons operating my Pioneer F30BT.

I also did the bypass hack: From the “RCA Harness” from the AVIC unit you can take the mute wire (yellow-black) and move it to the pin straight up-or down (depends how you are holding the connector in front of you). Then connect it with ground (black). Everything on the Avic will work even if the car is moving. DON'T WATCH MOVIES AND DRIVE

In the Outlander -12 the rear camera is factory installed and the picture is showing in the rear mirror. I don't know where to "tap in" and make the connections to the Avic Pioneer. Does anybody know , please tell.

Last edited by chavabunga; 01-29-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 AM

hi,
how to create a boot logo mitsubishi ?
thank you

Last edited by raymond; 10-31-2012 at 01:32 PM.