Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

VSS (speed sensor) wire for Nav

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Default VSS (speed sensor) wire for Nav

Hi all. My first post here.

Just bought a 2010 Outlander XLS and love it. I installed a JVC nav, which was pretty easy with the harness, but JVC recommends connecting a speed sensor to the nav to increase accuracy. Can anyone tell me which wire that would be? I imagine it should be in the MMCS harness, but can't locate it. I read the post from rdenis saying "The speed sensor wire is terminal 13 on C-10 (red/green wire).", but the red/green wire that is on the MMCS harness is not on term 13 and has silver stripes, so I'm not even sure that I'm looking at the correct wire. I also looked at the electrical charts on www.out-club.ru, but it's mostly chinese to me.

I know I have the 2010, but I think it's not much different from the 2007-2009 (I also had the 2007 model), so if you have that info for the older models, please share.

Photos would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:18 AM

After a long research I think I found it. It's the white-blue wire in the audio harness.

My JVC Nav displays the speed pulse, but it increases in multiples of 4: 0-4-8-12-16 and so on. I was wondering if this is correct. If anyone has this info it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by eugenexyu
Hi all. My first post here.

Just bought a 2010 Outlander XLS and love it. I installed a JVC nav, which was pretty easy with the harness, but JVC recommends connecting a speed sensor to the nav to increase accuracy. Can anyone tell me which wire that would be? I imagine it should be in the MMCS harness, but can't locate it. I read the post from rdenis saying "The speed sensor wire is terminal 13 on C-10 (red/green wire).", but the red/green wire that is on the MMCS harness is not on term 13 and has silver stripes, so I'm not even sure that I'm looking at the correct wire. I also looked at the electrical charts on www.out-club.ru, but it's mostly chinese to me.

I know I have the 2010, but I think it's not much different from the 2007-2009 (I also had the 2007 model), so if you have that info for the older models, please share.

Photos would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi:

I am looking at a 2010 or 2011 XLS and would like to know the model of JVC NAV you installed and how does it work...Does it have a radio and DVD player...

Thanks for your info........

Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 PM

i installed the KW-NT3HDT (http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...632&pathId=126). it has more features than most nav systems - HD radio, free traffic updates, DVD, of course MP3 player (can be played off of SD, USB, Bluetooth, CD, DVD, AUX), ipod interface, bluetooth with phonebook access, etc. installation was pretty easy, except it took me a while to find the speed sensor wire in the car. i plan on posting the whole installation process step by step here once i finish all the small stuff.

overall the system is good. happy with all the features except (ironically) the navigation. at least in my area (NW chicago burbs) it cannot find a lot of the addresses. it looks more like a bug than outdated maps, because the problem addresses are not new.

so while i'm hoping for a good software fix / map update, you might want to look into other systems, depending on what your requirements are. i chose this one for the free traffic updates and built-in bluetooth.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the information.....