Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Outlander Owner reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Outlander Owner reviews

I love my new Diamond White XLS, but am sad to say the left side cup holder just went bye-bye. I got my 6'4" frame out of the car a little too quickly the other night and WHAM - my knee just touched the edge - broke the little support stand clean off - crappy plastic. Anyway - since my car is like 10 days old, I wonder if it's covered.

Oh well - I still love driving this car. It's getting almost 20 mpg in town now. YEAH

Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 AM

Sirnewt,
Nice colorchoice on your XLS...if ido say so myself.

I would go back the dealer you bought it from, they should be ableto get you a new one under warranty. Especially if you tell them how easily is snapped off and how cheaply you think it is made. If they don't help you out on $10 part then at least you'll know what it will be like when you have a major problem.Hopefully they'll hook you up. If not try another dealer until one of them does.

Is it repairable with Super-glue?Maybe you could just find a way to stick the cover back on to at least cover the hole for now.

Maybe somebody on the forum will have found a different use for that spot and can give/sell you theirs cheap...

Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Welcome to the diamond white club! One of the benefits to diamond white is that the replacement body parts come pre-painted in our color.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/9CEDE2B7C533460D9EDD437A8E3FEBD5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/9E8E30704E59468491A7595D4B3E29A9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/9F76232794E74DE7BA8444469D9953F3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Thanh you all for your comments.

This is another comment given in Edmunds:

I said I would follow up with a few kms under our belt. Now at 9500 km. Only the past 600 or so have been on winter roads with a few miles of the usual road "sand[/b]". The few chips I received on my first 4000 km trip have been joined by over 30 on both sides of the car - the full length of the rocker panel all the way up to first indent crease. White undercoat behind red is pretty noticeable and very disappointing. I have a couple of other cars in the driveway with over 300,000 km on each and neither has so much a one chip and they have been driven by me on winter roads for over 10 years - now this is either very poor design and or very very poor paint quality - and yes I have the front and rear mud flaps.

I have read this comments also in others forums, so What should I do in order to protect those areas. The rocker panels seem to be the area most affected. I have seen some photos and it looks like rocker has been sand blasted.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15888/CD339DD360144E689E154CD87783B275.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15888/76587E47801340838F411B4E4C7DBFF1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-01-2008, 11:29 AM

The European catalog sells what they term Side Door Garnish for 231 euros ($340 US).
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ro/files/Catalog%20Accesorii%20Noul%20Outlander.pdf

I imagine it would be useful for the lower door panels and have been thinking of ordering it, but at $340 is kinda pricey.

Some have mentioned using the clear film protection like is already installed behind the wheel wells, but i worry about it discoloring over time and not coming off completely for replacement.

Hopefully somebody has a cost effective solution.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:00 PM

Biscuit,
Did you paint your rims? They look great! They look dark gray in your post.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:29 PM

Cuffy/Bisquit-

You two have beige interiors, correct? Mine's black leather - It'll be interesting to see how hot mine gets in the summer - [&o]

the only problem with going back to where I bought it - I traveled to Kansas and don't want to go back (i'm in Texas) - so I'm left to find one of the three dealerships near me that will help my fix it without a great deal of $ - oh well.

Congrats on your car, Cuff....I love mine

Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 PM

I just ordered the "ROAR Side Door Garnish" from Zontarh. According to Zontarh, they are identical to the OEM ones (silver painted only) and they are body colored (mine is red). The price for the set, shipped is about$250 USD which is cheaper than re-painitng the doors.
One comment on the issue - the rocker panel is covered in plastic so it’s not a problem. The bottom of the doorsis taking the beating. The clear filmon therear dooris also too short/low soafterI install the garnish I plan to extend it a bit higher, just above theside body creases.
The mud guards, which I just installedAFTER [:@]seeing the chips on the doors, help protect the upper portion of the doors, but not the lower part. Some sort of rocker panel extension (like running boards) would help and I see it available in Europe and I also noticed iton theOutlander SE pictured in theFebruaryC&D small SUV comparison. The articleisavailable on-line now so you could see what I'm talking about.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Yep, those are an extra set of wheels that I have. I had them powdercoated metallic gray. I added a few extra photos to the post above.

ORIGINAL: Cuffy

Biscuit,
Did you paint your rims? They look great! They look dark gray in your post.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: biscuit

Yep, those are an extra set of wheels that I have. I had them powdercoated metallic gray. I added a few extra photos to the post above.
They look great! Go good with the pearl white.

Side garnish is a good idea, but a tad expensive... I went with the mud guards and am definitley happy with that decision.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander Owner reviews