Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi recalling 166k cars, crossovers over stall risk

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 06:49 AM

Things went well. I was there for 3 hours. In addition, I needed a State inspection, and the dealership did that for free. It's hard to notice any difference in driving, but it's just as well that I got the work done. Then I got BBQ for lunch.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM

I called the dealership in regards to the recall notice I finally received. They did inform me that with the recall, there is a shortage of parts. They have more on the way and made note in my file to contact me as soon as they are available. It will probably take a couple weeks. So I asked the service adviser if I should change my driving habits or anything in the meantime....he said no. I said "I suppose it should be ok, it's not like the pulley is made out of plastic or something". He said, "yes the pulley is made out of plastic, that's why they are wearing unevenly and prematurely". I'm hoping the replacement pulley is made out of steel....or hoping the service adviser was joking.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by 11SE2HEAR
I called the dealership in regards to the recall notice I finally received. They did inform me that with the recall, there is a shortage of parts. They have more on the way and made note in my file to contact me as soon as they are available. It will probably take a couple weeks. So I asked the service adviser if I should change my driving habits or anything in the meantime....he said no. I said "I suppose it should be ok, it's not like the pulley is made out of plastic or something". He said, "yes the pulley is made out of plastic, that's why they are wearing unevenly and prematurely". I'm hoping the replacement pulley is made out of steel....or hoping the service adviser was joking.
Sounds very dangerous please keep us updated on what happens!

Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM

I spoke with Mitsi and my Outlander is not included in the recall.

It is not a dangerous issue, at worst the belt will come off and the battery will not charge which a light on the dashboard would come on if this happened. This is what Mitsi told me.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:52 PM

Haaa I had to change my Power Steering tensioner pulley 4 times within the last 6 months.... What gives with that and it sounds like I have to change it again.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by 2001Mitch3.5XS
Haaa I had to change my Power Steering tensioner pulley 4 times within the last 6 months.... What gives with that and it sounds like I have to change it again.

OMG! Is it being covered by Mitsubishi or out of your pocket?

Old 11-10-2014, 06:30 AM

I had my outlander in for regular service and they said my vehicle was recalled due to the brake light switch. They DID NOT notify me, but mentioned it when my vehicle was in for other service.

I'm wondering if any of the other recalls affected my vehicle.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:35 AM

Just out of curiosity did any of the guys with the recall issues use this website? https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service# Does your vehicle vin show as recalled? Just trying to see how accurate the vin checker is.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Just out of curiosity did any of the guys with the recall issues use this website? https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service# Does your vehicle vin show as recalled? Just trying to see how accurate the vin checker is.
Since I received a letter in the mail, I didn't use the website.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Isophorone
Since I received a letter in the mail, I didn't use the website.

I understand that, could you just enter your VIN# into the VIN checker here https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service# and let me know if anything pulls up. Just want to see if it even works at all. If it does work it should pop up with the recall your vehicle had. Just trying to test it out with someone who has the recall.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi recalling 166k cars, crossovers over stall risk