Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS - Opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Default MMCS - Opinions needed

Just went to a dealer (Europe) to see the MMCS working. Looks good although the graphs are a bit outdated. Car integration, stuff setup, graphs are nice features and the whole concept is great but there are some issues that prevent me from considering this option.

I've also read the MMCS pdf but couldn't fins these answers. Can you please help?

- Phone integration - We've paired my bluetooth phone through a setup dialog with the "nice lady". Cool! But the system can't access my contact list... So there is no names when somebody called me. Just the number... Not good. The contacts must be sent to the car first? Can it be done one buy one? Ot must be setup in the car? This technology is outdated....

- Music database - I know the MMCS identifies CD's by looking into an internal database from gracenote. The manual referes it can be updated. But how? Is it free? I saw a Pionner system that uses the same method and they have a link to a file from gracenote. Is the same process?

- Who manufatures this MMCS? Is it going to be updated soon? It should. Map, Bluetooth and maybe some other areas could be improved.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Default RE: MMCS - Opinions needed

I'm french would you speak in french. I have a Peugeot 4007 with MMCS and i can get information about. Thanks

Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM

MMCS is nice, but if I had to do it again Id buy a garmin or tom tom

Old 01-24-2009, 01:29 PM

Gracenote database is updatable. The latest update covers half of 2008 and my 2008 JULY OUTLANDER has already this latest one...
GPS maps are from navtek. Existing maps for europe are dated up to 2007. A new update should be available this year... Navtek has already very good coverage for central europe BUT even the this year update this ispoor (50%) for my country... GREECE..... as well as for most east european countres...
The address issue is something that it didn't passed my mind to check...... I'll check if through BT I can send my complete pocketpc address book to MMCS.. and report back

Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 PM

do you have a link to the Gracenote update site please, I've looked but dont be able to find one.
thanks

Old 01-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Old 01-24-2009, 02:17 PM

got it !!!! thanks for that
Ron

Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM

thanks for your replies. yes i can speak in french. and great for gracenote database. and what about bluettoth phone list?

Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 PM

The bluetooth does not access your phone's contact list. You have to add contacts to the car's list of contacts.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:39 AM

you mean not even send it one by one to the MMCS. You have to enter the phone number and name in the MMCS right? Oh boy, they should update that part. That is stone age these days. It's not at the other functions level.

Quick Reply: MMCS - Opinions needed