Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Default MMCS Questions

Hello,

First off, I brand new here, and a new 2011 Mitsu Oulander owner. I've just finished reading the rather extensive user manuals that came with it, and there's a ton of stuff that I can modify. But I have 2 basic questions about it that I haven't been able to find the answers for.

1) Does this stupid thing work with iPhones? I have a 3G and a 4 at OS 4.2.1 and neither will talk. The iphone flashes "accessory" for a second, then I get a communications error while it's plugged into the USB port via an apple OEM cable in the center console.

2) Is there any way to transfer my music library in mp3 format directly to the music server? I really don't want to go through the pain involved with re-ripping all the cd's just to this device. Plus I have a ton of purchased digital content that I don't have media for.

Oh, has anyone cracked the map issue? I talked to NavTeq and they confirmed that they produce major map updates every year for Mitsu, and that they published that in December. Mitsu says that 2009 is the latest they have from NavTeq. The dealer says that he expects the 2010 map update in a month or so. I would have no issues doing a manual update to the drive if that was necessary. I know it worked fine with my Kenwood garmin unit. Just had to put an unlocked map into it overwriting the original one, and poof, instant update.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys.