Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Questions/Observations

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Default MMCS Questions/Observations

Hey there! New to the forum, but I’ve been perusing the boards for the past several days since I got my Lancer. I’ve been searching around, but I have some questions that are still unclear or I can’t find answers to yet.

1. Would it be possible, since the MMCS is a complex, multiplatform system, there could be a sub-board created just for it? Gather all the info on it into one convenient location?

2. WTF is this? There’s nothing about it in either the car manual, or the MMCS manual.

At first I thought it was some kind of secondary AUX port. But that doesn’t make sense. Why would you want to lose most of the functionality of the MMCS by keeping the screen open to listen to your mp3 player… I tried it anyway, but I got no sound to play. On a whim, I tried plugging in a set of noise canceling headphones. When I turned on the noise canceling function, I could hear a series of clicks in a definite pattern, but that was all. Then I remembered I have a cable that came with my TI-83 calculator. It’s a USB connection on one end, and a headphone style jack on the other. Unfortunately the jack on the MMCS is 3.5mm and the jack on the cable is 2.5mm. Gonna have to stop by Radio Shack and pick up an adaptor. Not sure this will work, or if it can be made to work or how. But what kind of doors would this open up if it can be made to work? The cable, If anyone wants to see what I’m talking about can be seen here:

http://education.ti.com/educationpor...ivity_kit.html

It’s used to transfer data and apps to the calculator, so maybe something similar can be set up with the MMCS?

3. Read through the manual and double checked. It only ever refered to playing ‘mp3 discs,’ not what format they had to be burned on. Well, data DVD’s don’t work. I know maybe I was just being dumb, but I had to give it a shot, just to see
That’s enough for now. We’ll see where this goes
Thanks!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: MMCS Questions/Observations

2) is where you place the "key" when updating the maps
________
herbal health shop

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:55 AM

2) As ruchuck said, it is for a small dongle to verify you can legitimately upgrade the map data.

3) Correct, the MMCS will not recognize mp3 files on a DVD, only a CD.

Check out the threads in the outlander section, lots of random MMCS information there, including bypassing the DVD-in-motion prohibition.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 AM

ok... so it is a dataport. anyway we could use it? like during an update, when it goes to check for the 'key' it will open the port right? would that give you a way into the mmcs itself instead of just going after the HDD using that cable or something similar i was talking about? maybe my imagination is running away from me and/or i've seen to many movies with hackers...

Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Default Jack ...

I used a multimeter on that connector... 5V+ on three wires. Looks like there is an USB with inverter. Maybe ?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruchuck
2) is where you place the "key" when updating the maps
So this dongle device do you happen to know if it can be used in more than 1 Outlander? For instance I buy 1 map update and can update 2 Outlanders with the same dongle. I am trying to make it as cheap as possible.

I wonder how the dealers actually update all their vehicle navs on their lot. And I bet this will update the software versions too. I have v30.99 v1.09UM for my 2009 Outlander. Just got it about 2 weeks ago with the old 2006 maps. I wonder if I complain I can get a courtesy update. This may hurt all the fixed navs for motion DVD. I need the generic patcher for all versions. I did update to the most recent Gracenote update. I wish that Mitsubishi would have these updates like 4 times a year instead of just once per year. CD-TEXT is the best way at this point.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:19 AM

How did you update gracenote? Thanks.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by krafty81
How did you update gracenote? Thanks.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/dow..._top_mmcs.html

Old 03-31-2009, 01:27 PM

thanks!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Question Update more times with one key

Originally Posted by djalpine
So this dongle device do you happen to know if it can be used in more than 1 Outlander? For instance I buy 1 map update and can update 2 Outlanders with the same dongle. I am trying to make it as cheap as possible.

I wonder how the dealers actually update all their vehicle navs on their lot. And I bet this will update the software versions too. I have v30.99 v1.09UM for my 2009 Outlander. Just got it about 2 weeks ago with the old 2006 maps. I wonder if I complain I can get a courtesy update. This may hurt all the fixed navs for motion DVD. I need the generic patcher for all versions. I did update to the most recent Gracenote update. I wish that Mitsubishi would have these updates like 4 times a year instead of just once per year. CD-TEXT is the best way at this point.

I have 2 Outlander 2.4 and I would update my MMCS. Unfortunately you wrote that you can update 2 times the system. I tried, but it’s only possible to update one time.

Do you have other ideas to update 2 MMCS wit the same key?

Attached Thumbnails  MMCS Questions/Observations-bild-001.jpg    MMCS Questions/Observations-bild.jpg    MMCS Questions/Observations-bild-002.jpg  

Quick Reply: MMCS Questions/Observations