Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

mmcs with rear screens & tv tuner etc..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Default mmcs with rear screens & tv tuner etc..

Ok,
I am taking photos and making notes as I go along so I will do a 'how to' when this is finished.

Currently, I have fitted a pair of headrest screens to the front seats, As I have never used a mmcs before and do not have this one powered up I have a couple of questions.

1, I have found the 'video out' on the mmcs. Is this active at all times? I know there is no display on the mmcs screen at speed but does the video out keep working?

2, what does the 'video out' show? I presume, if you put a dvd into the mmcs and start driving you will get the audio at all times on the car speakers but only video on the output wires.

3, what comes over the video out if there is no dvd playing in the unit? Does the nav map (or anything other than dvd) show up over the output?

4, If you feed a video and audio into the jacks in the rear I presume it works the same? So you press 'aux' on the mmcs and sound over the car speakers but only video when stationary. If this is the case does the video from the 'aux' input come back out of the video out?

5, If you fit the reverse camera or rockford amp or rear display etc there is a wire on the back of the mmcs that you ground out to tell the mmcs that something extra is connected. In Japan you can add a tv tuner to the mmcs. Has enybody found out what wire you ground to bring up the tv button on the screen? Or, does anybody have a wiring diagram for a Japan mmcs?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 AM

Hi. About your questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No. Navigation screen isn´t available; SIRIUS/radio screens only shows single line text about source
4. Video signal from AUX inputs on MMCS is canceled in motion. I don't know if video signal from AUX is present in video out because I have the RES and it share the same circuit with AUX inputs; in fact, AUX button was replaced by Rear Seat Display button when I linked RES to MMCS.
a) For backup camera, yes, if prewire isn´t present in your Outie
b) OEM amp must be set by dealer
c) About TV mode apparently only is available for japanese models

Saludos. . .