Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Sirius radio update killed radio-2007 Outlander XLS

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Default RE: MMCS Sirius radio update killed radio-2007 Outlander XLS

2007 Outlander XLS, MMCS,HID,650 watt sound system, sunroof,18in wheels,all Leather interior

same issue here. I pulled the #7 fuse and it worked for about 20 minutes. Then Sirius sent another update which killed the radio again. I am going to pull the fuse again, but it is an unfortunate blemish in an otherwise perfect record with Sirius.

...and now that I have no where else to go, it is especially frustrating.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the update. Guess its time to get on mitsu/sirius's case about it...

Old 11-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Old 11-13-2008, 07:29 PM

My radio was saying "SAT ERROR" on the screen. I pulled out and reinstalled the radio fuse. The sirius updated and works fine now.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Then the problems are happening when Sirius upload updates, problem of software or, maybe, problems with our Sirius receptor. I have not had this problem but luckyly the solution in this threads has worked. . .

Old 11-14-2008, 12:16 AM

Yea, I have the same problem. It worked fine early this morning, then the next time I got in the car, it worked until I changed the channel, then it froze and wouldn't do anything. The next time I got in the car, I got the Antenna error.

This is annoying, I am so used to having Sirius, and now I have to re-program my channels, as some have changed, and then it doesn't work... I guess I'll have to tinker with it in the morning.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 AM

booyah! #7 fuse did the trick.

the wife called local mitsu. dealer/service shop yesterday (11/13/08) they had no knowledge of a problem...told her to call Sirius to see if they knew anything...Sirius acted as if she were dumb since "an antenna error is obviously a mechanical problem". So the wife called back the Mitsu shop who set an appt. for today. Luckily I found this post before she took it in.

Thanks!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:25 PM

I had the same problem with my '07 XLS. I took it to the dealer, who knew nothing of this, and they called Mits. The problem is coming from the merger of Sirrius and XM radio.
Rep said to pull the large yellow fuse in the fuse box and it resets everything. This fixed my radio and it is still working today.

Rep also said not to turn off radio or change stations while an update is going on and to park the vehicle away from trees or other obsructions for the next couple of days while the two systems merge. If I have any more trouble to just pull the yellow fuse again.

BTW, I called Sirrius customer service first and they tried sending a new signal and when that didn't work they referred me to the dealer, saying there must be a problem with the antenna.The Sirrius reps didn't even know what was going on!

Dave

Old 11-15-2008, 07:06 AM

i received this email this morning from corporate. better late than never

[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

here's to you guys for fixing a problem before anyone realized there was one.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Thanks for this information mitsupartsman [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: MMCS Sirius radio update killed radio-2007 Outlander XLS