Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS - Turn by Turn voice guidance

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Default MMCS - Turn by Turn voice guidance

Hi all,

I just picked up my new Outlander XLS with navigation system and I was shocked to see that the turn-by-turn voice guidance only mention "turn to the right" or "turn to the left", etc but doesn't mention the street name. Can anybody tell me if this is "normal" and if this is so bad, do we have any patch available in order to make this fully functional (fully real voice guidance with the street name mentioned)? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM

Apparently I'm the only one interested in the TTS functionality on our MMCS navigation systems....again, any help will be appreciated, Thx.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM

I've got a plain jane LS...from what i've read, patches don't come out often. WYSIWYG.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:46 PM

the thing that irks me more is the program seems to know how to pronounce names of city. For example go on interstate 5 towards San Jose, but choose to not read the street names?

However, although a little outdated due to not pronouncing street names, but I always get to places rather well, and the system calculates very quickly

Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM

for what MItsu charges for the nav updated, they should send a little man to read them off to you.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 AM

For the price tag ($$$$) that Mitsubushi charged for this system is unacceptable that the TTS functionality is not active; any cheap GPS can do that today, so how is possible that this fancy equipments doesn't come with that......

The question is, can this be added on the patch that is currently active for Video on motion?

Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Banned

I agree with y'all. That would **** me off to no end, I would have told the salesman to stick it up his ***.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM

Add me to the list of pissed off people regarding spoken street names. Sorry I don't have any real value to add to this thread.

Not hearing the street name can lead to missed turns. When cross streets are close together, hearing the street name is a difference maker. Very disappointed

Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 PM

Petitioning on this forum won't do any good. Call Mitsubishi North America and inquire..

Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM

I disagree; I believe that there are lots of technical people that actively participate on this forum and in the same way that the "DVD in motion" patch was developed and was released I'm pretty sure that the TTS functionality can be developed as well. For sure a new patch with this functionality will be highly appreciated by all MMCS Mitsubishi owners

Quick Reply: MMCS - Turn by Turn voice guidance