Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mud flaps/guards

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM

But be careful with the clips as they build up with road grime and seem jammed sometimes so lever it a bit if nothing then tap the clip with the head of the driver lightly then progress to lever it again..

Old 07-28-2012, 12:19 AM

I installed today. I got the primer from Ebay, it comes in a sponge and sealed packet for a few dollars. I didn't realize until afterward they only want you to primer the black plastic part.. I primed the paint too and probably not good for the paint since it contains xylene. Well this mud guard is permanently added to the car so it doesn't matter.

The fitment is superb and the front extends past the side air dam another inch or so.
The rear pair has some serious coverage.. I did see the rear black area already got some scratches since it is basically in the middle of the tire. So maybe this is a good thing.

The trickiest part is not to drop the clip when inserting the front, that would really suck.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM

I just bought an '07 Outlander and am looking to get mud flaps. My problem is finding them. The local dealer says they don't make them for an '07. I've read this thread and the links in it I've already seen, no '07. In reading the posts in this forum I found pics by firebuck with an '07 with mud flaps. Ideas?....

Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
They save you from stones (Most of the time)

Instructions
Claude, I notice that you have a 2010 XLS and that you have apparently installed mud guards. A few days ago we bought a '10 XLS and I'd like to install some mud guards, too, if possible. I've included a photo of the driver's side front area of the "rocker panel". Is your XLS configured the same way?

I can see the instructions you posted, but I can't make out the part numbers. Did you install part number MZ380525EX and, if so, how well do they fit and, more importantly, how well do they protect the vehicle, particuarly the rear wheel well/door "hip" area?

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Mud flaps/guards-front-driver-rocker.jpg  

Last edited by Outlaander; 05-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:45 AM

In this tread I was giving instruction I found on the web I don't remember where but a vendor had a pdf of the instruction found in the box from MHI.

In fact on mine I installed mud flap from Canadian Tire, generic one as I had done with all my previous car. (i'm 62)
They are SplashGards exactfit for trucks #8 for both front and rear. Found them on the shelf at the local store.

A little razor blade work is needed for the front one to fit the large rocker panel. They are screwed into the plastic liner inside the wheel well.

Since they are a bit longer than the standard mitsu one, protection has been good even in the "hip" area.

Hope this help

Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 AM

In this tread I was giving instruction I found on the web I don't remember where but a vendor had a pdf of the instruction found in the box from MHI.

In fact on mine I installed mud flap from Canadian Tire, generic one as I had done with all my previous car. (i'm 62)
They are SplashGards exactfit for trucks #8 for both front and rear. Found them on the shelf at the local store.

A little razor blade work is needed for the front one to fit the large rocker panel. They are screwed into the plastic liner inside the wheel well.

Since they are a bit longer than the standard mitsu one, protection has been good even in the "hip" area.

Hope this help
Thanks, Claude. It does help.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 AM

Hope this help

I called the local Mit dealer and he said that the MZ380525EX should fit our vehicle. I've ordered a set and will report back how they fit.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 AM

i installed mine with the wheels on, used the stock push pins, and then added a screw in each one as well. did this with the wheels on. for the front i cut the wheels for easier install. I really like mine!

Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaander

I called the local Mit dealer and he said that the MZ380525EX should fit our vehicle. I've ordered a set and will report back how they fit.
We received the guards yesterday and I installed them today. Perfect fit.

For those living in Edmonton, single-use packets of 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter 06396 can be bought at Carlson Body Shop Supply for about $1.60 per packet.