Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

My '07 side moldings good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Default My '07 side moldings good or bad?

Does it look good or bad? Do you guys seem it is off a little? If so, god *()&#*&*(#$*....

I don't know if I should rip/take it back out to readjust. Argh The adhesive tape on the back of the molding is already set in place for a few days already. [:@]This is on the drivers side only. My eyes can't tell a difference if it is straight or not. Should I take it back out? Any tips/advice would appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Default RE: My '07 side moldings good or bad?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Sorry dude lol...

Old 05-04-2008, 04:09 PM

don't want to be bearer of bad news, but since you asked... it looks just a little off, but it's not just that... it's way lower then it should be. Basically, at that height it doesn't provide any protective benefits other then looks.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:19 PM

The height is a trade-off, you can either run them high to protect from SUV dings or low to protect from sedan dings. To me they look funny if you mount them too high. I installed mine a few inches above where you installed them so they are above the indentation.

Those are the Sportwing door moldings like mine, right? You didn't go for an exact paint match?

I'd say heat them up with a hair dryer, remove and re-apply so that they are higher and straight.

OEM moldings... too high?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM

hey biscuit, yeah they're from sportwing. wow it looks great from where you had it.

Is reheating stillholds the adhesivethen pull it off? I heard you have to use wd-40 or goo gone to take it off. Just spray, wait, peel but I would have to buy another 3m tape to put it back on?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:37 AM

I'd try the hair dryer first, just be careful not to break the molding. Go slow. You might be able to re-use the sticky tape, depends on how clean it comes off. If not you can buy a couple of rolls of 3M tape for under $10, this stuff works great.

If you do need to use Goo Gone, get "Goo Gone Xtreme" because it is more powerful than the regular Goo Gone.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:34 AM

thank you.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:46 AM

if you mount them that low they do not provide any benefit against sedans or suvs, it has to be mounted based on OEM specification. I've tried against sedans and when molding is mounted that lowit doesn't protect it. If I wanted the looks, I would've gotten Euro ones or go without them...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 AM

It's kinda too low. Should be half way on the door panel. Just like the OEM pictures. If you place them at low, it will do no good on the door dings from other cars. Mid point is perfect. Good luck..

Quick Reply: My '07 side moldings good or bad?