Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

My 09 Outie Got Keyed :S

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Default My 09 Outie Got Keyed :S

Hey Guys,

Well, it happened, I went shopping and came back and there it was, a nice keying job on the front passenger door side. The scratch is about 2 inches long in a nice Z shape. There is maybe like 1/8 of an inch deep scratch where it looks like it got through primer. Does Mitsubishi offer any paint scratch kits? I would want to try that before going the expensive route. I mean I know that in order to really make this look good I would have to go to paint shop but I am afraid that in order to do this properly they would have to repaint/reprimer at least the entire passenger side of the car which would make it rather expensive job (probably at least $800).

Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM

Somebody did that to one of my car before, its was bad, but not realy Deep, so i give it a try to fix it myself,
you can buy this cream NU FINISH http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...aintCare/PRDbe OVR~0392723P/Nu%252BFinish%252BLiquid%252BPolish.jsp?locale=en
that cream is a miracle

Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 PM

That usually happens for several reasons:

1. You dinged their car by accident
2. You cut somebody off on the road
3. You parked taking two spots or just improper parking
4. Your car stands out from the rest

Old 05-19-2010, 09:14 PM

@Armymen, hmmmm, actually I've purchased Nu Finish Scratch Doctor but either I am doing something wrong (not placing it correctly/not waiting long enough for it to dry) or simply the scratches are a bit too deep :S I was wondering if anyone had any experience with those Mitsubishi touch up paint pens, are they fairly good at color matching and how does the process work?

@klas, ehhhh, all 4 of your reasons do not justify scratching anyones car (and actually I parked in the middle of three empty parking spots, no car on the left/right), its an act of vandalism, in most of the Asian countries people get caned for that, this should be a similar punishment in USA, people would learn very quickly to not touch other peoples property. It hurts but its not really deadly (unless you hit someone over 50 times).

Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 PM

Hi
i use mine, put like a lots, so its a lots of white over it, wait for over 10 min, then remove the exces, and use an other one and go in circle, that thing to miracle,
if you put the touch up, you will see it
i have it, try to make a nice job for small stuff arround, and you can see it

Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Thumbs down That Sux

I know how you feel about this. My Outie was the first new car I have bought and I have taken good care of it. Had a small accident to where my daughter closed the garage door on the hatch, but all it did was scratch the clear coat, and the wife scratched it with a shopping cart, but I don't have any door dings and door chips, until I moved to Hawaii. Now I have a 3/4 ding from a shopping cart, and a 1/4" paint chip on the rear quarter panel. All within 6 months of moving here. I hate the lazy bastards who do this, then walk away thinking that they did nothing wrong when they crashed their cart or slammed the door into
someone else's car. People like that just plain suck.
Meh.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
tcp
Default OK,ok

I understand the car dinging issues and how it can **** you off. But you live in HAWAII...enjoy that.

Originally Posted by Obakemono
I know how you feel about this. My Outie was the first new car I have bought and I have taken good care of it. Had a small accident to where my daughter closed the garage door on the hatch, but all it did was scratch the clear coat, and the wife scratched it with a shopping cart, but I don't have any door dings and door chips, until I moved to Hawaii. Now I have a 3/4 ding from a shopping cart, and a 1/4" paint chip on the rear quarter panel. All within 6 months of moving here. I hate the lazy bastards who do this, then walk away thinking that they did nothing wrong when they crashed their cart or slammed the door into
someone else's car. People like that just plain suck.
Meh.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:09 PM

Since my ride is not new any longer I care less about its pristine shape, but I agree it's sux if someone else does this and it's act of vandalism, but your best defense is to make sure you are not provoking anyone. Although, there is always a reason, even when you think there isn't...

Old 05-20-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by armymen
Hi
i use mine, put like a lots, so its a lots of white over it, wait for over 10 min, then remove the exces, and use an other one and go in circle, that thing to miracle,
if you put the touch up, you will see it
i have it, try to make a nice job for small stuff arround, and you can see it
Thanks for the quick replies. As far as the Nu Finish products are concerned, what do you exactly use? What do you use to apply/wipe it off? Just the Nu Finish Scratch Doctor or do you have other products such as NU Finish Liquid Polish, because I see that they sell quite a few different products. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by klas
Since my ride is not new any longer I care less about its pristine shape, but I agree it's sux if someone else does this and it's act of vandalism, but your best defense is to make sure you are not provoking anyone. Although, there is always a reason, even when you think there isn't...
You're Weird dude...

Are you trying to say its his fault his car got keyed?

Quick Reply: My 09 Outie Got Keyed :S