Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

At my wits end runs for 1 second

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Unhappy At my wits end runs for 1 second

This is a long story. So I'll post 2 sections, the short and the long.

Outlander 2007 2WD

Short - When cranking it will run for a second, then immediately stop. If you keep cranking it will repeat this cycle. I have put a scope on the injectors and seen that the ECU is cutting it off. The only code it gets is P2135. I have replaced: the ECU, the cam position sensor, the crank position sensor, the fuel pump, the throttle. The manual has nothing.

Long - 2 years ago while on the highway the timing belt broke. I towed it home, pulled the heads and had them redone. In the meantime, I replaced the timing belt and the water pump. I got the heads back, put them on and it ran good - but had an oxygen sensor problem. I went to pull the o2 sensor, and (it was getting cold outside) crossed the threads. Too cold to work on it anymore I towed it to a repair shop - where they said the cat-convert would have to be replaced (BS) - I drove it back and on a warmer weekend used a tap to clean out the threads and put in the new O2 sensor.
Here where all the trouble started - I put an old charger on the now dead battery and unknown to me the charger pumped 120VAC into the electrical system.

So on the occasional weekend I have free I try to figure out what's wrong and I replace parts and now it has had no change for months and months.

I tried the "Hire an on-line mechanic" and that was a total waste of money. It ended with him pleading about how I HAVE to leave good feedback, yada, yada.

I don't know what to do, It's just rusting in my driveway. crank-crank-crank-varoom-putter-crank-crank-crank etc.

Desperate.