Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Nav System Plug and play

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
ash
Default Nav System Plug and play

Just mised out on buying the Navigation System for the 2007 Outlander on ebay, it went for £500.00, which is less than a third of the retail price over in the UK, so will be keeping my eyes open to see if any others come along.

I know that I would have to buy the Fascia Kit, but would that be it, does it just plug in and work straight away or does it have to be programmed into the car by a dealer? Also is the GPS aerial built in or does it have to be located somehwere else in the car?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Default RE: Nav System Plug and play

I just got mine off of Ebay today..

You do need the kit, the kit has the GPS antenna. The ant mounts under where that top push pop access is.. Near the sensor in the front window area.. to the right. So you need to remove the vents, the current front radio panel , the top Storage bin and old radio.

You need to go to a dealer to have the unit switched from Audio Can to Nav.. Instructions comes with the Nav Unit.

It looks simple enuf, my dealer says he will do it for 90 Dollars..

Old

Old 11-20-2007, 12:39 PM

And for that price, I'd rather have them do it and have the work guaranteed. You'll have them reprogram it anyway, and for reprogram alone I bet they'll charge you about 50$, so let them do the whole install. At least you can always go back and have them check it if something goes bad.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:13 PM

The dealer install here is close to $2600.00 Thats the unit, Kit and about $250 in Labor (US).
I bought, I put in Cost is $1875.00 Thats incl overnight shipping to my work(When I want it, I want it now)
To program it, it be $90.00 and I have the instructions to do it.
Not many dealers have any notion on how to program it.. They told me its a learning process and I said, I can help..

Old

Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 PM

Ok, here is the skinny, poop, or dope on the install

1. My Outie has a 6 Cd RF System with Sirius Radio.. So the Sun and Sound package.

I set the unit up at work, dress the cables and all.. For the life of me, I have no idea why the said some screws are not going to be used and they where the same as the package.. Oh well..

I was pulling the dash apart as I was driving to my wifes work... No Kidding, Driving in Utah to boot.

After I got to her work and started my wait for her to come out, I then unscrewed covers and top apartment.
The pulled the 6cd head out (Car was off)
Put GPS ant in position and screwed it down
To clearify the Nav Head unit, the device under the Nav Radio is the Can unit. It talks to and from the network for info.
Placed the nav head in and connected almost all the cables (forgot the GPS ant had to unscrew and hooked it up, I do not live in NY)
After all was connected and I felt I was safe, I turn the key on.. Pressed power and walla..
No Smoke..
The unit did a initializtion and came up. I was happy.
1st test was Sirius.. It worked and my preprogrammed station still there.. So the sat device or the main cpu holds that.
GPS worked..And I was not in the water...
AM/FM worked.. Did not see RDS info, dont know if RDS is avail on Nav
Now the temp and all worked,, gas stuff too..
I have not tried the secret menu yet, forgot how to get to it.. Will do that tomorrow
I did some fast key stuff like 'open doors when in park" and worked.. but no time to play all features yet.
So now do I go to the dealer and say, "here is the paper work to mod the can for Nav" or just let it be..

This and more soon

Old

Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: oldpapa1949
AM/FM worked.. Did not see RDS info, dont know if RDS is avail on Nav
Now the temp and all worked,, gas stuff too..
I have not tried the secret menu yet, forgot how to get to it.. Will do that tomorrow
I did some fast key stuff like 'open doors when in park" and worked.. but no time to play all features yet.
So now do I go to the dealer and say, "here is the paper work to mod the can for Nav" or just let it be..
Congrats! The "secret" menu is hold down SET+NAVI for a few seconds. In there should be some screens to show what equipment is connected, and options to calibrate the gyro, etc. Also, as far as I know, the MMCS does not support RDS, which is rather unfortunate... but I don't listen to radio, only sirius, anyway.

As for taking it to the dealer -- I have no idea ... if they'll check the option codings for free, sure, why not -- but if everything is working I don't see the point ... ?

Old 11-24-2007, 08:53 AM

It is working fine, Don't even know If I need to waste time having them to check it.

In Serv menu, looks as if everything is there.. I will write down what it says and can compare it.

Its bloody cold here, like in single digits this morning..

Old