Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navigation Map?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Default RE: Navigation Map?

Mine too have the calendar function, the SW ver. is 2006-1, map ver. is C

Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 PM

Yea, its in the INFO menu, along with some other useless features! I have not had my outie tell me about HOV lanes, I think they are just talking about the new ones, but then again, I haven't driven on many roads with an HOV lane, so I am not 100% sure.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 PM

Since you have a 2008 outtie, then your software version should be 2006-1 map ver. C. Mine is showing 2005. I hope the updates does the HOV lanes. More features on the navi.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 PM

Hey willowpeak,

Do you know is 2006-1 map ver. C is the latest and greatest there is ?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:18 AM

I'll have to check my version and play around some more with the functions. I usually am in such a hurry to get from point A to point B that i forget about all the stuff the MMCS can do.

I sure could have used that calendar function a couple days ago.My wife asked me the other night what this weekend was andi drewa blank...i shouldhave remembered it was our6 yranniversary. Can you say Dog-HOUSE!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:37 AM

I called up the dealer part shop department, they said that was the latest one now. It's on the new 08's. Cuffy, dates like that I put it on my pda, and outlook reminder. eheheh.. But happy anniversary!!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks willowpeak...i'm used to the dog house .

I just checked my nav and it's 2005-2 Map Ver B. Mine's a Jun '07 build that sat on the lot until Jan when i bought it. I'd love to have the upgraded version, but it's not worth the $100 when it's probably gonna change again in the next year.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 PM

i also have the 2005-2 map and ordered the update from autopartspeople.com.... I'm still waiting for the dvd and hopefully it has the lane guidance

Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 AM

Interesting stuff!I would like to know who manufacture the Navigation DVD (Mitsubishi) in the USA.
Quite sure Mitsu use the professional services of reputed GPS firms in the USA, e.g.
Garmin or something. What does it say in the cover of the DVD?

Few years ago I solved this problem of navigation (on the cheap) by using my home laptop
to navigate not only in the USA and Canada but all over the world. I use this approach when
I was in the USA, Central and South America, UK and Easter Europe. Although there are not DVDs
for all the countries there were two that I used the most, i.e. America (USA) and the Western
Europe + some Easter countries. For countries like Mexico, Peru Chile, etc, or Slovenia,
Turkey, Lithuania, etc I bough something called “World Maps” from Garmin.

The Mitsu navigation package is $1,800 and sometimes I wonder if it is worthy to inflate
the price of an Outlander and have headache every times we want to upgrade ($$$) the navigation
stuff and unable to take your car outside the USA for great adventures.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM

In my opinion i think Mitsubishi should at least provide free updates to allow all owners to have a Nav system map that equals the year of their vehicle. For crying out loud, a 2005 map for an '07 vehicle. If i had thought to ask when i purchased mine i would have made the dealer update it as part of the deal, but who would have thought this would be an issue with anewly redesignedvehicle.

Iwonder if we allcontacted Mitsubishi as a group (petition or something)and demanded that they at least send the '06 update to all '07 - '08 owners if we'd get anywhere. It shouldn't be up to the dealers to accomodate us...this is a manufacturers issue.

Quick Reply: Navigation Map?