Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navigation Map?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Default RE: Navigation Map?

Tevas,
I believethatonly other Lithuanian Outlanders would have a map of Lithuania. The maps would be geographically programmed to the country you are in...possibly by continent but probably not. Since it's a satellite based system getting it updated shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I am assuming you purchased the vehicle in Lithuania and they sell Mitsubishi's there. If so, the first thing i'd dois toask your dealer why the &$@#they sold you a Nav System that you can't even use. Second,I'd call Mitsubishi to find out what the deal that they don't have maps for the countries they sell in.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:51 PM

There are countries where Mitsubishi does not have maps.
Basically I can guarantee that Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova are not having maps. And as far as I know, the chances are low. So maybe for them the Europe ends with Hungary
Map updating does not have any connection with the GPS satellites. They are acting as markers in the sky, emiting only beacons and timestamps. They are not designed to be communication satellites.
The system itself, the MMCS, is using a GPS antenna which is tuned on a fixed frequency and the chip inside is made to transmit only some specific data to the navi program.
The only way to update the navigation data is coming from Mitsubishi, Denso and Navteq, in this specific order.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:14 PM

On all MMCS units sold in Europe, almost all SEE region is completly missing, so nothing wrong with your Outlanders. [:@]
NAVTEQ, provider of GPS solution in MMCS, still works on development of maps for SEE (South and East Europe) region. New maps for this region are planned for Q4 2008.
According to them car providers (probably MCS too) will provide this new updates early 2009.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 AM

Wow! How could they market and sell Nav systems if no map is available. What good is having a Nav system that doesn't work. It's like buying a stereo with no speakers...looks nice, but useless. I know the MMCS is more than a Nav unit, buttheNav seems to bethe priciest partof the system.

In the US the MMCS list for about $2400 whichseems like a hefty price tag for a touch screen interface, an 8-gig music serveranda DVD function that only works when stopped. If the Nav wasn't part of the deal i'd have never wanted it.

Rcostin,
What is the tool that plugs into the MMCS unit for then? I thought it was necessary to communitcate with the satellites to obtain positioning info for use with the CD update when downloading new maps.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:40 AM

What is the tool that plugs into the MMCS unit for then? I thought it was necessary to communitcate with the satellites to obtain positioning info for use with the CD update when downloading new maps.
The tool is in fact the GPS sensor. Is has the same functionality as a regular GPS sensor plugged into a notebook. It helps to get the position and the exact time (GMT).
I think the actual connection between MMCS and GPS sensor is serial (not sure).

According this link, NAVTEQ already produced map coverage for automotive market includin SE Europe. Is Mistubishi which is moving slower...

Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 AM

Hi all.
Whether there is a Russia navigation map on DVD for MMCS?
If yes what is disk part.no?

Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

According this link, NAVTEQ already produced map coverage for automotive market includin SE Europe. Is Mistubishi which is moving slower...
Hmm..
I wonder whether it would be possible to shoehorn the data from that release onto your outies ?
O.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM

I have the Navigation European Version ; and many maps are old, outdated and many countries are not included.

SW Version : E
Map Version : 2006-1
CDDB Version : 0438-1459

My car is 2008 Mitsu Pajero BK

Although I have the Mitsu Navigation in my car I use a seperate Navigation Software on my Pocket PC. It's called IGO 2008 and the program is superb with excellent 3Delevations and 3D buildings and cool feautures and all USA and EUROPE country maps are updated every 3 months .

I was wondering if we can Use the MMCS to run this software, because this software can work with Windows CE , it would be cool to hack the MMCS to run this software rather than it's own program

Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Doublecheese

Although I have the Mitsu Navigation in my car I use a seperate Navigation Software on my Pocket PC. It's called IGO 2008 and the program is superb with excellent 3Delevations and 3D buildings and cool feautures and all USA and EUROPE country maps are updated every 3 months .

I was wondering if we can Use the MMCS to run this software, because this software can work with Windows CE , it would be cool to hack the MMCS to run this software rather than it's own program
Heh..
Only if you can find an SH4 based version.
99% of the satnavs I've played with have been ARM based.
O.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Otaku

ORIGINAL: Doublecheese

Heh..
Only if you can find an SH4 based version.
99% of the satnavs I've played with have been ARM based.
O.
You what ??? ))
SH4 ?? What is this ?
I can use this IGO software with, PC, PDA, PNA

[IMG]local://upfiles/16865/F9F5C3C3C37546749D4C51DF447B2F07.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16865/39FAE5A8DA08439D9E99994F541063CC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Navigation Map?