Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navigation System Update? 2007 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Default Navigation System Update? 2007 Outlander

Has anyone been successful getting the navigation system updated? How about the CDDB music database? It appears the map data is from 2005 and is getting old fast, missing on-ramps, changed street directions, etc. This almost seems like something that should be covered under warranty...

Thanks,

Cliff.
---------
Spell Checker Software

Old 09-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Default RE: Navigation System Update? 2007 Outlander

do you live where they change street directions & on ramps every month or so? In our area 2 years of street updates is nothing. Besides, despite having navigation I would still rely on my hunch when going somewhere.

Anyway, for instance on Acura navigation maps are updated every 2 years, so if this is the case with NAVTEQ then we should soon see a new update. Although, Outlander only been out a year, so it may be another year or so.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

I think thats seriously f-ing lame. It you ask me these units should be equiped with some kind of modem able to connect to a satalite or database and constnatly update itself. Its flawed.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Actually, yes, South Florida is full of new construction. The city I'm living in Delray Beach, FL has a major project underway to make two one-way streets into two-way streets. There are also new restaurants and closed restaurants all the time. I guess you could say I live in a vibrant developing area... I guess if you don't and nothing changes where you live for two years then be happy... I'm glad I live somewhere with a little change going on, I'd just like it if my Mitsubishi could keep up, or at least not be two years behind.

Cliff.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Well dont htink this problem is Mitsubishis fault or that its only with Mitsubishi. All of them are like that...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Hey, I'm not knocking Mitsubishi... I just want some new Nav and CDDB data... anyone?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:40 AM

check Navteq website frequently for updates, Mitsubishi doesn't provide data

Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 AM

Who delivers the inegrated nav-system in the Outlander? How does this nav compare to other "standalone"-systems? Any online reviews of the integrated navigation?

Old 09-23-2007, 05:49 PM

I have spoken directly with a NavTeq technician, they do not support the Mitsubishi navigation system. I have spoken with Mitsubishi Parts and Service, District manager for Saint Louis area. Good guy, said he will find an answer, might not be the one we are looking for but he did take all info from VIN to serial number of my system. Give him a week he said and if there is an upgrade he will find it. He drives an 06/07 build, he is going to see if my home address is accepted by the Nav system in his company Outie, this is my complaint, I cannot even push the "home" button, it has no clue where I reside.

I do not know who manufactured our nav, according to NavTeq it could be any of the big boys, Alpine, Clarion, whoever Mitsu subbed itt o. Does anyone know who our system is built by?

The CDDB upgrade worked excellent I am glad I saw the thread posted a few after this one.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:28 PM

The Nav system is built by Mitsubishi Electric.

Quick Reply: Navigation System Update? 2007 Outlander