Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New 2023 outlander PHEV codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 05:10 PM
Default New 2023 outlander PHEV codes

So, as the title states, we bought a 2023 outlander PHEV about a month ago and about a week into driving it. We’ve started to have some weird issues. While driving the navigation CarPlay screen went completely black and I had to pull over and restart the vehicle for it to come back. Didn’t think much of this just figured it rebooted itself because it got stuck. Then we had a couple issues with the vehicle not wanting to shut off. We had to hit and hold the start button to get it to shut down and then finally the bigger issue. we were getting on random occasion a message on the driver display that would take over the whole display and say parking sensor error see users manual, this happened I believe three times.
We contacted the dealership and right away, took it back to them and got a loaner car. Unfortunately our car sat there for two weeks already with nothing done so today I finally called and raised hell and low and behold we have the car back now eight hours later and they said they couldn’t duplicate any issues and they don’t see anything wrong with the vehicle, I asked them for all of the trouble codes and I was told there was one but upon receiving a screenshot there are eight trouble codes. I feel like a brand new vehicle with less than 400 miles on it shouldn’t have a trouble codes curious if anyone can look at these codes and give me an idea of what’s going on and if I should take it back to them , at this point, we are two weeks into a lemon law claim in Illinois and we paid way too much for this vehicle to deal with this crap. Any input is greatly appreciated.
screenshot of the trouble codes attached:

Old 06-01-2023, 12:47 PM

Hello I have 23 model as well and every now and then it makes a awful audio sound the screen goes blank and it re-boots again. In any case I'm enjoying the car I've owned a number of Volts I-3's, this is certainly a poor man;s Range Rover.

Thanks Mike

Old 06-01-2023, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by LowOnCash
Hello I have 23 model as well and every now and then it makes a awful audio sound the screen goes blank and it re-boots again. In any case I'm enjoying the car I've owned a number of Volts I-3's, this is certainly a poor man;s Range Rover.

Thanks Mike

yeah, that’s the kicker. We love the car so far I just never had a brand new vehicle with 8 error codes right out of the gate.
mechanically it runs fine, but that’s not What worries me. Just seems like there’s some gremlins in there and based on the response in our service record from Mitsubishi direct I think they might know about it they just don’t have a fix yet.
I forgot to mention our loaner outlander gave us the same error message once in the two weeks while we were driving it. Hopefully it’s just a software issue. I guess I should rest a little more easy, knowing that it’s covered for five years.

Old 06-01-2023, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the reply keep up updated what you find. It sounds like the system software needs to be re-loaded to clear up the problem.

Mike