Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Garage cannot read error codes.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:35 PM
GOM
Default Garage cannot read error codes.....

Hi,

Well I have been floating around the forum for a while and picked up some useful tips. However I now unfortunately have an issue with my 2008 Outlander that my local cannot figure out.

The car has been working faultlessly for the past 5 years, however last week the engine management light cam eon and then about a mile down the road the car cut out. I pulled over and restarted the car and it fired up straight away, however the turbo was not kicking in, it then traveled a little bit further and cut out again. I managed to get it home and took it to the local garage who checked the codes, which they said are all undocumented.

Unfortunately the nearest Mitsubishi dealer is about 18 miles away and so I am wanted to see if anyone had any pointers or ideas as to some potential causes, before I start haemorrhaging lots of cash. I have read various posts and they mention various things such as the turbo being changed, EFR...?

I have googled the codes the garage have given me, however am not seeing anything close, they are for example 1113H/4371 and 3003H/12291.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Old 02-27-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by GOM
Hi,

Well I have been floating around the forum for a while and picked up some useful tips. However I now unfortunately have an issue with my 2008 Outlander that my local cannot figure out.

The car has been working faultlessly for the past 5 years, however last week the engine management light cam eon and then about a mile down the road the car cut out. I pulled over and restarted the car and it fired up straight away, however the turbo was not kicking in, it then traveled a little bit further and cut out again. I managed to get it home and took it to the local garage who checked the codes, which they said are all undocumented.

Unfortunately the nearest Mitsubishi dealer is about 18 miles away and so I am wanted to see if anyone had any pointers or ideas as to some potential causes, before I start haemorrhaging lots of cash. I have read various posts and they mention various things such as the turbo being changed, EFR...?

I have googled the codes the garage have given me, however am not seeing anything close, they are for example 1113H/4371 and 3003H/12291.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul
Those are not engine codes. Engine codes start with a "P", then four numbers. At least here in the states, auto parts stores will let you use a code scanner (you buy a demo unit, then immediately return it). They are usually easy to use.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:24 PM
GOM

Well I had to admit defeat and it went into the Mitsubishi dealer today, straight away they found the issue to be with the fuel filter and the detergent bag being depleated.

It is going to cost me £700 to get it sorted which at the end of the day is a lot of money, however the car has plenty of life left in it.

Hope this will help other people if they come across the same issues.

All the best

Paul