Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New Memeber, New Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Default New Memeber, New Question

Hey guys, wife and I just bought a white 07 outlander XLS, didnt get the rockford system or the nav system. We have already had several problems, Like for instance, EVERY light on the rear has to be replaced due to moisture. The passenger side rear bumber panel has to be replaced becuase mitsu forgot to put in one of those black retainer clips, and the first time it got up to speed, it ripped the lower valance off, and therefore the whole shebang has to be replaced. Oh, and now its making that retarded clunking noise from the front end. The service manager did tell me there is now a TSP that has been issued adressing the problem, and they are going to have to replace the knuckles on on side. (me personally, i believe the whole problem lies in the excessive positive camber the truck runs up front. as you know the more camber you run, the harder it is on the bearings. Thus the bearings get heated up, and then deflect when the wheel is turned hard over. the clunking noise is the bearing popping back into place... i guess)
Other than that, I love the thing, handles extremely well for a SUV, and is very balanced, and composed on bumps mid corner. Also, the seats are great. Just did about 200 miles in one day, and only got a little fatigued in my bum bum at the very end.

My question is this, i just ordered two SAS Bazooka BTA 8100's for the rear. Plan on mounting them vertically in the side pockets of the rear so that the rear seat will still be able to fold down. I have no idea of how to get the stock radio out, (how its mounted, and which screws and bolts need to be removed for it to come out) Nor do I have any idea, once I get it out, which wires go to what. Any help with wire color, and location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Default RE: New Memeber, New Question

I was thinking not to spring for the extra $$$$$ Man I'm so glad i did. sounds MINT....
You should have went with the Rockford Fos. I've always installed a box or sub and did the whole upgrading thang.
This way it is warranteed and no worries.Very nice and clean, and pounds pretty nice with very good high and mid. range, very well balanced.