Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New Outlander Sport owner, have questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Default New Outlander Sport owner, have questions

I don't see a dedicated Outlander Sport forum, but from what I gather, it's a totally different vehicle than the Outlander, so where do I go for information? Is this the right forum?

Mine is a 2014 Outlander Sport, FWD, CVT transmission, Push to start.

Questions so far:
Where can I get a repair manual? It appears that Haynes and Chilton have no interest in this vehicle. That's a new one for me. I've always bought a book for every car I've owned. I was shocked that there's no book for this car. Where will I get torque numbers? I do a lot of my own repairs, so this is pretty critical for me.

Can I really pair my own remotes once I have two working ones? Cursory research yields conflicting reports. I unfortunately only have one fob, so I'm going to have to pay someone to make me a second, but if I can make a third one myself, then I'll want to do that as a backup in case a primary fob ever gets lost or destroyed.

Are there any gotchas I should be aware of? What are the trouble spots? What needs extra love?

Last edited by melgrubb; 07-23-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by melgrubb
I don't see a dedicated Outlander Sport forum, but from what I gather, it's a totally different vehicle than the Outlander, so where do I go for information? Is this the right forum?

Mine is a 2014 Outlander Sport, FWD, CVT transmission, Push to start.

Questions so far:
Where can I get a repair manual? It appears that Haynes and Chilton have no interest in this vehicle. That's a new one for me. I've always bought a book for every car I've owned. I was shocked that there's no book for this car. Where will I get torque numbers? I do a lot of my own repairs, so this is pretty critical for me.

Can I really pair my own remotes once I have two working ones? Cursory research yields conflicting reports. I unfortunately only have one fob, so I'm going to have to pay someone to make me a second, but if I can make a third one myself, then I'll want to do that as a backup in case a primary fob ever gets lost or destroyed.

Are there any gotchas I should be aware of? What are the trouble spots? What needs extra love?
Yes, there is: You can find it here
You can find the link to it within this forum in the sticky threads or here
You must experiment and find out which method works for you.
or
or
or some other technique as the information floating around is not straightforward.

Although the dedicated forum is not super active lately there is a lot information accumulated there so happy reading. I am sure that you will find answers to most of your questions.