Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New Outlander Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Default New Outlander Turbo

Hey all,

Just got myself a new Outlander Turbo, but just want to educate myself and hopefully you can help me.
Some of the details have been given out by the dealer, but just want to be sure.

How many parts from the AWD and engine are the same with the EVO VIII ?
Central diff should be mechanical ( torsen - viscous? ) LSD and there is no LSD at the back?
Are there any tuning parts like intake kits, exhaust, chips for the Outlander? Or maeby some of the parts to EVO also fit the Outlander?
Also something for the suspension? Or LSD?

Thanks all for help,

Rain

Old 03-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Default RE: New Outlander Turbo

The enigine in the Outlander is a de-tuned version of the EVO VIII(4G63), I know for sure it has a smaller turbo. The AWD systems are derived from the EVO, but I don't think they have a selective active center differential. We don't have access to the Turbo Outlander in the U.S.[&o] so you may want to check local companies or talk to the guys in the EVO section of the forum.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:27 PM
JMC

Check out the clubs for Outlander Turbos...do a google search. I know there is a yahoo club and a MSN club. Both site give mad details on where you can get all the parts yr looking for. I'll post the links later when I find them.
Good luck with the new ride!

Old 03-24-2006, 08:17 PM

<--- jealous of turbo outtie [X(]

Old 03-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Few more questions - is the inside of the engine same as the EVO? Or are the internals different? And what about the gearbox?

Found out that Outlander is called Airtrek in Japan and found one place for the Airtrek fans, have to try to search there.

Here are some pics

Old 03-26-2006, 07:45 AM
drh

Totally Jealous of the turbo. I havent posted on here in awhile. Just bought the wife an 05 GMC Envoy, Its crazy how she didnt want me spending money on the outtie but now that we have her baby money dont matter.. Anyone have some decent pics on intake mods? 04 XLS AWD

Old 03-26-2006, 03:02 PM

Take your turbo and get out of here...this is for the slow U.S. Outlanders. lol, just kidding. I don't know what the internals on your 2.0 are, I don't think they would be the same as the EVO as they have 80 less HP under boost to contend with. But on the bright side, can't be as bad as the 2.0 Lancer ES either.

drh, your wife didn't want you to spend money on the Outlander so she could get the Envoy. Now it's war for the mods. There are pics here on other threads of intake mods, my version of how NOT to have your intake look is under Redneck CAI, it has since been corrected. There are some other intake pics on there too.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
JMC

Looks good!