Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New Owner - Inside Info/Tidbit/Review/Experience - Please Read & Share with Me

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Default RE: New Owner - Inside Info/Tidbit/Review/Experience - Please Read & Share with Me

That sounds like a plausible explanation for the lag. It's not horrible, just a little annoying. I think subconsciously after a while getting used to the car, you learn to avoid that scenario anyway.

The hunting isn't that bad either. The fact that there are 6 speeds probably contributes a little, but I'm a little biased against automatics in the first place. No automatic limits your options pretty severely nowadays though.

I did read about the fix for the wind noise, but wasn't going to bet $25k without first hand verification that it helped. Sounds like it works fine though.

I ended up with an XLS even though I told myself it wasn't worth the extra $$$ (long story). After a couple weeks now, I don't think I could live without the keyless FAST entry again -that may be worth the extra $$ alone! The auto climate controls are very nice too... no constant pfutzing with the fan and heat dials. Little things that I wasn't going to bother paying for, but really love having.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Default RE: New Owner - Inside Info/Tidbit/Review/Experience - Please Read & Share with Me

You could do the wind noise fix as fast as it took me to type this post (no joke) get some foam from wrapping or something usefull, pop that clip in the under side of the mirror with a flat head and stick some of that foam to both sides, and done. The idea is to stop the plastic piece from vibrating at high speeds wich is what causes the noise.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 PM

I just bought a 2010 Outlander. There is a device behind the reading lights that looks like additional reading lights , two led's pointing towards the back and one pointing towards the dash. The problem is I don't know how to turn them on or if they are even lights?? The manual does not show this unit in the interior lights section.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:13 PM

Its a sensor for the alarm (detects movement inside the car).