Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New owner saying HI

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Default New owner saying HI

Hi guys,
I just got my 2010 Outlander GT last month and I really like it. I came from a Mazda 3 GT over the last 10 years or so and wanted something more equipped for our harsh winters.

I am interested in the Lexia stuff and I have a GPS/DVD system, back up camera and parking radar on the way...

Anyway I just wanted to say hi to you guys and will probably be back with more questions in the future.

I actually did have a question...
I have some winter tires from my Mazda 3... they are 17" Michelen Xice2 tires... The bolt pattern matches the rims but they are 1" smaller does anyone know if I can swap these on for the winter?

Last edited by Guyfromhe; 11-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Welcome aboard

As far as I remember I use 6'5" rims for 16" winter tires and they seem to be working fine.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Thanks I am sure I will have many more questions once I start tearing the thing apart and bite the bullet on the CANBUS thing.

Maybe I'll take it to a local mechanic and see if they can put them on then... should it matter that the rubber will be going from a FWD to a AWD car?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
should it matter that the rubber will be going from a FWD to a AWD car?
It should not unless former front ones are completely worn out

Though funny thing the winter tires I use bear 4x4 mark

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 AM

I don't think it should matter AWD vs FWD. I think they have to be mounted in the same direction, but then again, I'm in IT and not a mechanic!

I think the only other thing I'd worry about for the rims are the offset measurements and the inner bore diameter for the hub. Past that, get some tires that get you back to the same overall diameter and you are golden.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM

I was hoping to reuse the rims and rubber I had from before... I heard something about needing them to wear evenly for 4x4 so that's what I am wondering about... Also not sure if the width and the weight capacities are the same...

I don't even know the tire info (they are still in their bags) I haven't got around to looking at them yet.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:04 AM

Vadimus: can you give me the specs on your 16s? Also did you need to use the lexia tool to calibrate the new tire size with the wheel sensors and stuff? We have the exact same car so I suspect whatever works for you will work for me...

Thanka

Old 12-18-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
Vadimus: can you give me the specs on your 16s? Also did you need to use the lexia tool to calibrate the new tire size with the wheel sensors and stuff? We have the exact same car so I suspect whatever works for you will work for me...

Thanka
Mine are Barum Polaris 3 4x4 215/70R16, stock size.

You don't need to change any ETACS settings while replacing tires.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Does it mess up your speedo and ABS or TC in any way? I asked my mechanic if I could put 16's on and he said no, it would confuse the computer... If you're doing it with no issues than I won't worry about it.

I'll see what Costco wants for a set of winters and rims and then decide if I can wait till the great thaw to drive to the states and grab it from tirerack.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 AM

I would say get a better mechanic, he's dangerous.

Quick Reply: New owner saying HI