Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

new wheels in progress

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013 | 10:13 AM
|
Default new wheels in progress

well i scored some wheels yesterday...18x7.5 42 offset... also got my new powder coat in finally so i can work on the color match... i think that the color match is perfect... i think i am going to powder the centers in flat black and do the lips and inner drum in the color match... maybe ill hit my lug nuts in the color match as well... what you guys think?

Old 07-30-2013 | 10:12 AM
|

also a little update.... i am working on the wheelds for my own truck on free time... i got these really cheap and had to take a big bend out of a wheel, and a good amount of rash... they also had false bolts in them... so i drilled out the false bolts, tapped every hole (56 total) and threaded in real bolts. this will let me color match the bolts. I am going to do color matched lips and bolts with flat black centers. here is a pic of the wheel after the bends where removed and about 1/2 of the way though removing all the rash that was in them. did have to add some weld/smooth out to get a flush finish. We really take pride in our wheel repairs!

these wheels are basicly the same as the stock set with a bit of an offset, i had new tires and wanted to keep them...

some pics of the mock up, you can see the heavy bend and rash in these

after removing some of the rough rash and fixing the bend... sorry about the toes in the pic hahaha but you can see how the bolts will play out and add an nice custom touch. i was able to also color match the car IMO perfect, so i am really stoked for the final product!

Old 07-30-2013 | 10:12 AM
|

just need to figure out what color to do my calipers, i am thinking i may just do color matched with flat black brackets... but also a part of me is screaming red or chrome even

Old 07-30-2013 | 02:15 PM

While mags are totally not my thing, its nice to see some *actual* custom work rather than bolt on bling.
Good job, enjoy.

Old 07-30-2013 | 09:33 PM

Those wheels are going to look great on there! Can't wait to see the finished product after the powder coating. Keep us posted.

Old 07-31-2013 | 02:10 PM
|

pulled the last bit of dent out, fixed and blocked the last section of rash, you would never know it was there... chemical stripped the wheels and have one blasted up. have to make a jig to hang the bolts still... also going to color match my hitch while i am shooting this color powder. should be sick when done... hope to have some progress by the end of the weekend. we are still really busy in the shop and i have to put customer stuff before my own stuff. but making progress! I think i may just do color matched calipers with flat black brackets on the brakes, less is more

Old 07-31-2013 | 02:51 PM

i was thinking a gloss black, match the apparent color of the windows...

Old 07-31-2013 | 03:04 PM
|

ya that is a pretty good point! we actually finished a set on monday for a customer in all gloss that came out great!

Old 08-27-2013 | 10:39 AM
|

well not much of an update, but finally got all the bends and rash out, and laid the base coat down on the lips as well as the clear... masking and flat black is next!

Old 10-02-2013 | 04:04 PM
|

just about there

Quick Reply: new wheels in progress