Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

A nice mod week.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Default A nice mod week.

This weekend i began by trying to put on my custom intake again. well that went great, i resetted the comp and figured out why i had gained a miss while trying to run the car. it turns out that the front of the filter would just barely hit the positive battery terminal and create sparks causing a short and making the engine ground out. On sunday i went to circuit city and bought a mono 500w amp to power my two kicker 15's like they are suppose to. On monday i went to a local shop and purchased an alarm for my car and that went by real good. and finally today i went back to that local shop and upgraded the door speakers to 400w 6.5in audio acoustics. tomorrow i will look at the tweeters because i believe they fell down from the tape that was holding them up. i was going to put some 2000 mustang gt rims on saturday but figured i could use the money to make the car sound better and still have a stealth look. i might get rid of the stock head unit to brighten up the doors but i dont want to loose my 6 disc in dash changer. well i hope yalls week went as good as mine. peace

Old 01-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Default RE: A nice mod week.

[size=2][size=3][font="Courier New"]hey baby keep up the good work youll have everything you want it just takes time i love you every much [sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 01-25-2005, 01:10 PM

You know our forum is pretty pathetic when you have to reply and compliment yourself

I'd really like to know about "resetting the comp". What's involved with that procedure?
An intake is probably not in my near future, but if gains are respectable, I might just do it.
Other than my tweeters, I don't think I'll be doing any mods to my sound system. 3M makes some double sided adhesives that stick like no other. You may look into those.
My Outlander seems to have lost about 10 ft*lb torque (estimation) at the 1000 mile mark. I could be just getting use to the car, but it seemed that I suddenly couldn't accellerate as quickly.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:16 PM

hey cameron [sm=icon_blah.gif] my baby doesnt compliment himself i angela his soon to be wife wrote that message for him and he does work hard for what he wants in life and if you have anything else to say save it for yourself dont tell everyone when you say nice things about yourself. why dont you research on how to reset the computer like my man did. angela[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-25-2005, 07:12 PM

Interesting. No ire was intended. It just seemed odd to see 2 posts from the same user; one listing mods and another complimenting them. I'm sure in reflection you can understand how someone might get confused.

I hope that you found my advice regarding the 3M adhesives helpful. I have some at home that I can get the exact name for you if you'd like.

As far as resetting the ECU, I was hoping that I was researching how to do it by asking "outlancer".

Friends?

Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 PM

basically what u do is actually disconnect the battery, both pois+ and neg- for about an hour and a half. after you have completed your supporting mods. when i did this i had the exhaust and the intake on. Once i started the car back up it had to find its idle sucking in more air and that is why i believe that it learned that it can breathe and exhale alot better. i had to give it time to actually learn how to efficiently run itself again but to help the learning process go through some hard sprints through sportronic and auto. but the main reson why i thought this actually worked is because when i had my exhaust done i am certain that i lost a considerable amount of back pressure with the new muffler and when i would shift right at redline i could not feel the torque pulling me like it was stock. now that i have done this it is very percky even doing a third gear pull. also i have an air fuel ratio gauge it is running still in ideal but sort of close to the rich section. Thats it if you have any questions let me know, also i just got some pony rims of a 95 mustang that fit perfect on my outlancer and it looks great.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 PM

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I had to disconnect the battery for a while when I did the intake on my Scion XB for the ECU to reset also. I had read things where people mentioned taking the Mitsu's to the dealer tho, so I wanted to make sure.

Are your Mustang rims the chrome GT's (are the GT's different than "pony")? My friend found a set of those back in '96 for a steal! As I remember, they had gold colored accents. Really hot looking.
As for me, I'm pretty certain I'll be remaining pretty much stock. I go offroad camping a lot and it's just not practical to change my suspension to go with nice rims (I have the alloys). Plus, I have to make the most of my warranty. All I can do is add and not change. I'm on a quest for a strut bar that fits and I might add fogs eventually.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:02 PM

i put some new floormats in, i hope you dont think they are to rice http://texasracingscene.com/showthre...595#post985595

Old 04-15-2005, 06:07 PM
JMC

The Link didn't work......

Old 04-15-2005, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: outlancer

i put some new floormats in, i hope you dont think they are to rice
Nothing is rice when we dont have our own, model specific parts

Outlaner modders end up puting somthing made for other mitsu cars on the chopping block so we can have performance parts. floor mat in outlander is personalilzation in my book

Quick Reply: A nice mod week.