Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

NO light in glovebox??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Default NO light in glovebox??

Hi, I read the book and I saw there must be a light when you open the glove box, I opened the glov box and no light, I looked over and in the end I found a "LED" lookong light bulb covered in blue plastic. I pulled the buld out and tested, it woks fine, I tested the wires and there is no power coming true. I followed the wires and lost them behind the stereo, they go into a full hand of wires...
Does anyone knows where the wires are coming from and what would be the problem in my case?
I got the car 3 weeks ago it's a 2011

Thanks!!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 PM

Sounds like a dealer problem. Mine is the same vintage. Il'll have to check.

Did find out today that the power outlet under the dash (which would have been a cig lighter) only has power when the ignition is "on" or "run".

MIght want to try with the lights on. Could be tied into the light circuit.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 PM

Just went out to check mine.

The glove box light comes on with the park lights.

While on the subject of interior lighting-

Mitsu could use brighter dome lights-front,center and rear, and lights in the driver and passenger foot wells, same as a lot of domestic cars do. Maybe we are just not used to the Japanese way of light conservation?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by milliesdad
Just went out to check mine.

The glove box light comes on with the park lights.

While on the subject of interior lighting-

Mitsu could use brighter dome lights-front,center and rear, and lights in the driver and passenger foot wells, same as a lot of domestic cars do. Maybe we are just not used to the Japanese way of light conservation?
thankx for the reply, after 3 weeks i found out how the glove box light it's working. you are right, the light comes on just when you turn the parking lights ON. I was looking for the light in the glove box because I want to install 4 LED strips for front and back seats foot wells and I tought its going to be easier to hook them up from the glove box. but then they wont light up when you open the door ...

Old 05-05-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by milliesdad

I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-W...-/190529506343 a few months ago. They work great, and are VERY bright. It replaces one bulb with 12 LEDs, for each light.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:45 PM

The lower glove compartment light is of the filament type (not LED). Mine is "dead" and I will attempt to buy one at a car parts dealer. If I find some I will buy several as they are the same lamps (really tiny) that are in the seat heater switches for instance that come on when you have the main lights on so you can see them in the dark while driving, I am loth to buy a whole switch from Mitsubishi as that will cost an arm and a leg. I only came across the lamp when I was trying to sort out the upper glove box lock which is jammed shut but I now have the answer thanks to this forum which I only joined today (Feb. 16-2014) Great!

Old 11-30-2019, 06:18 PM

I have always wondered why there was no light in the glove box (I have a 2012 Outlander XLS). Well, I found the little bulb in there while looking for other bulb size in the user manual. I do not ever remember it turning on or it might have been out for some years. Additionally this is very hard to get to. What is this bulb called if I want to get equivalent of it? Is it called "T5"?

It's incredible how small this thing is! it's kinda cute! I wonder if this is enough to even light up the glove box!