Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OEM Goodyear Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Exclamation OEM Goodyear Tires

HI All:

I just had my OEM Eagle tires replaced with 13000 miles on them.....

The Goodyear dealer said they all had dry rot and they were old unused tires installed by Mitsubishi.

I was given a $90.00 rebate from the tire dealer per tire....

The dealer said that I was on my way to having the tire shread at some point.....

I have a 2007 Outi front wheel drive XLS....

I think that everyone that has the OEM tires from Goodyear should take a real close look at the tires.....

I stoped by the dealer because of uneven wear on the tires.....

Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM

WOW good thing you stoped by ! I'm glad I had mine replaced last year on my 07 XLS.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM

Mine have lasted till now at 29k. But they are not looking to good, nor do they feel to good either. Seems like louder road noise now and not as smooth. Im going to have them look at them next time.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 AM

When you say Goodyear OEM tires is it Eagle LS2?

I have a 2007 XLS 30000 miles with OEM Goodyear Eagles LS2 tires. I was in for a oil change yesterday and was told that my tires need to be replaced. I had them rotated last oil change 3000 miles back. There was no concern at that point. Now my front are bad with very low tread and the rear tires are almost there. Also the dealer told me that I need to have alignment done as he showed me the wear on the sides of the tire.

I am planning to change with Goodyear Assurance Comftred tires.

Has anyone used the Goodyear Assurance Comftred tires on their Outlander. I had them on my Galant and Corolla and I liked them a lot. They are much comfortable and reliable tires.

Any suggestions or inputs appreciated.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by mcam
When you say Goodyear OEM tires is it Eagle LS2?

I have a 2007 XLS 30000 miles with OEM Goodyear Eagles LS2 tires. I was in for a oil change yesterday and was told that my tires need to be replaced. I had them rotated last oil change 3000 miles back. There was no concern at that point. Now my front are bad with very low tread and the rear tires are almost there. Also the dealer told me that I need to have alignment done as he showed me the wear on the sides of the tire.

I am planning to change with Goodyear Assurance Comftred tires.

Has anyone used the Goodyear Assurance Comftred tires on their Outlander. I had them on my Galant and Corolla and I liked them a lot. They are much comfortable and reliable tires.

Any suggestions or inputs appreciated.
Yes the tires were the LS2.....

All the tires had a split around the edge of the sidewall.....

Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 AM

Mine are looking pretty sad at 21K Never been a fan of them..Getting loud and terrible in the snow. I have a little of the cracking as well..and uneven wear. I'm thinking the uneven wear issue is probably more how Mitsubishi as these things cambered.

No problems with hydroplaning yet...looking at some Yoko AVIDs on tirerack to replace them before this coming winter

Old 05-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Unfortunately, tires "age" regardless of mileage. When considering replacing your tires, you should look at both the mileage/wear, and the age of the tire.

A 5-10 year old tire, even if it only has 2000 miles, should likely be replaced. This is becasue the rubber continues to cure and age (crack & peel) from the date it was made.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Yodobashi Akiba; 05-01-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:02 PM

TEN YEAR OLD tire is pretty dangerous the rubber cracks or peel even though you only used once in awhile especially in hot weather it can kill you

Old 05-02-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by FAX68
TEN YEAR OLD tire is pretty dangerous the rubber cracks or peel even though you only used once in awhile especially in hot weather it can kill you
THe SUV is a 2007 XLS.....

THe tires from Mitsubishi were old.......

Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM

There should be a date of manufacture on the tire..I believe it's DOT required. Now I'm curious...but I would doubt the tires were sitting around too long before the build of the vehicle

Quick Reply: OEM Goodyear Tires